• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just so everyone is clear on this, it's a collector's association running this at a local Holiday Inn. It's not a gov't "gun buyback" program.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I've got to be in Bloomington Saturday, and I thought I'd stop by and see what they were up to. Probably not worth much more than looking. Definitely not going to sell anything.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    I stopped by the place on my way home for lunch. It is located in one of the conference rooms inside of the Holiday Inn. There are about six people sitting at individual tables each with a laptop in business suits. I felt a bad vibe as soon as I started talking with the lady at the door. She wasn't very friendly, and when I asked for documentation about the organization she could not produce anything. After that, I immediately left the hotel.

After I was done with lunch, I heard an advertisement on WGCL radio about this group in my car on the way back to work. They are paying people "top dollar" for firearms in order to get them off of the streets. They accept not only bolt-action rifles but also "assault rifles" and handguns.

I also did a quick Google and Bing search on the organization (National Gun Collector's Association) and I was unable to find a legitimate web site for it.

My personal advice to everyone is to stay away from them!!!

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It appears to be this group out of Illinois: THR & Associates. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired: posing as the "National Gun Collector's Association" would never bring to mind a reselling company and a "Gun Buy Back" is associated with getting guns off the street. This company does neither. It would appear that the purchases would at least be legitimate. They just have no scruples about how they misrepresent themselves.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It appears to be this group out of Illinois: THR & Associates. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired: posing as the "National Gun Collector's Association" would never bring to mind a reselling company and a "Gun Buy Back" is associated with getting guns off the street. This company does neither. It would appear that the purchases would at least be legitimate. They just have no scruples about how they misrepresent themselves.

Thanks for the link. It brought me to this website:

Welcome | Treasure Hunters Roadshow

They apparently travel about looking to get deals on precious metals, collectibles, antiques, that kind of thing. They deal in used merchandise. They don't appraise; they just tell you what they're going to pay, take it or leave it. That is paraphrased from the BBB page.

I guess if you don't want to sell it, don't sell it.

But yeah, there were several complaints listed on the BBB page.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom