• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The moral of the story is that cats suck. You don't need to recalibrate your sensor if you just get rid of the cat.

But, but....

If we got rid of the cat, what would we use to clean the toilet with? Just toss her in, whooosh, and sparkles like new. Cat gets a little peeved, but who cares about the darn walking toilet brush? :D

I'm thinking I need to carry a smallish flashlight on the belt. Can't imagine why I don't. I wouldn't have been caught dead without a flashlight back in the day on patrol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    But, but....

If we got rid of the cat, what would we use to clean the toilet with? Just toss her in, whooosh, and sparkles like new. Cat gets a little peeved, but who cares about the darn walking toilet brush? :D

I'm thinking I need to carry a smallish flashlight on the belt. Can't imagine why I don't. I wouldn't have been caught dead without a flashlight back in the day on patrol.

Yes, a light this small, but still highly useful, is a must have:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...12462-review_streamlight_microstream_led.html

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Might check out the Surefire Executive series as well.

Good point. However, I should point out that the Microstream can be had for under $20. It certainly isn't the Executive Series, but I believe those start around $80. Just something to bear in mind.

The Microstream is also smaller than the SF Execs. It can be carried in dress pants without distorting the shape of the pockets. For some folks, the Exec is small enough, but the thing I really like about the Micro is that it literally goes everywhere. I consider it the Keltec P3AT of the flashlight world.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I went to the Kokomo gun show and saw a cool little flashlight that puts out a lot of light and strobes using only one lithium battery. Anyone know which one I'm talking about? It was $59 - I would have bought it, but I needed that money for something more important. Right now, I'm carrying a Coleman Cree XLamp XR-E LED Flashlight, 2 CR2 Walmart.com: Coleman Cree XLamp XR-E LED Flashlight, 2 CR2: Camping

Not a bad little flashlight for $25.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm new here so my opinion is not worth much but........... I don't think I'd be checking the outside windows for damage with a flashlight if I thought a boogie man was in my house. Thats a dead giveaway to him that he's been spotted and more
    important, exactly where your at.

I hope you don't think I was sticking my head in the windows to see if they were broken. Standing in front of a window is dumb - standing at the corner of the house and shining your light to see if a window is broken is another matter.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    For the sake of comparison, the E1e v. Microstream:

Battery: (1) 123 v. (1) AAA
    Length: 3.4" v. 3.5"
    Diameter: 1" v. 0.6"
    Weight: 2.2 oz v. 1.04 oz.
    Run time: 1.5 hrs v. 1.5 hrs
    Lumen OP: 15 v. 20

My interpretation is that they are pretty much the same light, except that the Microstream uses a AAA instead of a 123, is neglibly lighter, and is 25% the price. AAA are smaller diameter, easier to find, and cheaper. I may be wrong, but it seems like a AAA battery will run down gradually, whereas a lithium 123 will run pretty consistently and then die abruptly. For an everyday use light, I'd rather one go dim than die quickly. Due to the battery differences I don't believe much of the 5 lumen difference between them (Micro- 20 E1e-15). It is possible that the Micro is a little brighter when the battery is brand new. This isn't your OMGWTFSHTFBBQ light, so it probably doesn't matter.

Not trying to be grumpy here, just wanted a clear comparison of the facts. It is possible to buy a 45 lumen head for the E1e, which is pretty cool, but its quite expensive.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Alarm company

I'm thinking of getting a contract for an alarm service, does anyone have a recommendation on companies? (we don't have a cat , if that helps).

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm thinking of getting a contract for an alarm service, does anyone have a recommendation on companies? (we don't have a cat , if that helps).

I use monitronics. Brinks or ADT would probably be better. I'm not saying I've had problems, but I've heard it's hard to get out of a contract with them...

Centerfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    The reason the cat set off the alarm is because it got on the furniture or window sill that the motion detector "see's". The detector is set to ignore small animals on the floor. Once they get on the back of a couch for example, they are no longer small in the detectors point of view.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    old_thread.jpg
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    Great point about the flashlight. I haven't checked my flashlight in my truck in quite awhile. This is a good reminder to check the batteries.

Really glad it was a false alarm.
    if your in franklin when your alarm goes off the cops will loan you a flashlight when they show up! more than once i have been called by the alarm company that the alarm at work is going off and they have also called the police. when i show up they say they are not going in but i can use theyre flashlight to go in and look. kind of spooky at 2 in the morning. always wondered what they would do if i had to shoot a burgalar while they were outside

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Thats why you need to carry your own flashlite, I have respect for the law enforcement men and women but there comes the times when a guy has to do what needs done! Have you or Jason shot the new toy yet?

Top Bottom