• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody use one of these? I played with one at Knob creek and have wanted i since. Probably use it in a general fashion, or for anything and everything. :): Look forward to any first hand experience!

187513-gerber-lmf-ii-infantry-3_1252_0.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    they are a pretty solid knife. I believe knifelady could hook you up. however I think there is better out there for the money with out a doubt. unfortunately gerbers quality control has went way down hill lately and they aren't putting out the best stuff this day and age!

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's a good knife, but I always thought mine felt badly balanced and clunky. It will stand up to just about anything you put it through though, just don't expect the blade to stay sharp through it. I have to use the sharpener that's built into the sheath very often.

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    Its a great knife but the blade steel leaves a lot to be desired and its also really heavy you could put your money towards a much better blade for even less money. just for general purpose work I would recomend you take a look at the SOG NW Ranger knife Aus 8 steel kraton rubber handle leather sheath its a great knife looks cool and only costs about 50 bucks

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    From what I have seen and heard, it works great, but I would make sure you get the US made one, and not some China made rip off. They aren't the same standard.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Picked up one last night from Bass Pro, love it! It's US made and the sheath is pretty nice, comes with belt loop and optional thigh straps. I grabbed a SOG machete as well for cutting through the back country. :D The Gerber feels as good in my hand as the one I held at Knob creek, I am pumped! :rockwoot:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    glad to hear, I have heard this are the more durable ones, since they can be used as spears, and survival knives.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yes these are good knives. I sell them and have a hard time keeping them in stock. They sell well at the guns shows. They come in black, OD green. coyote brown and they are USA made. The fit is awesome in the sheath. That knife will not ever come out on it's own.:D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    He already did when he posted how he used it on a deer.:D

Thanks! Yes that's what I am trying to do, update this thread as I use it and work it. I carry it when I am out and about quite often, used it on two deer now. Have also used it on rope, twine, plastic, cardboard. I agree on fit in the sheath, very nice. I really like it still and think it is doing great. Lots of great knives out there for sure, and more I want but this one works great for me. :yesway: :D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Still loving the Gerber! With it and my Junglas I have been tearing through the woods, I never knew I could have this much fun with knives! Almost as much fun as shooting, but you don't have to buy ammo for the blades! :D

Top Bottom