George Zimmerman Visits KelTec, Lawyer pulls out hair...................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Still awaiting on the OP to explain why this is so stupid of him ...

judgesmailswaiting.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My viewpoint might be outnumbered on this forum (but judging by messages I've received over the years, there are many like-minded folks who just don't want to endure the abuse), but the typical INGO mindset is heavily outnumbered among the general public. Regardless of who is right, we ignore that at our peril. One need look no further than the margin by which the Supreme Court upheld that firearms ownership is an individual right.

I believe you have some valid points about the other side. I think you are incorrect on your numbers, falling for the mainstream media hype. The difficulty with your message, the same as the OP's, is that you are presenting their misguided side as opposed to how we may better educate them.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    what an idiot lawyer. Who would make that comment about a client who paid them TONS of $$ of defend him?

His lawyers will never get paid the full amount of money they would charge for the amount of work they did

I've been quoted in the papers dozens of times and have yet to see an accurate quote. Remember, this is the same media that insisted on showing a picture of a 12 year old kid for two years.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    My viewpoint might be outnumbered on this forum (but judging by messages I've received over the years, there are many like-minded folks who just don't want to endure the abuse), but the typical INGO mindset is heavily outnumbered among the general public. Regardless of who is right, we ignore that at our peril. One need look no further than the margin by which the Supreme Court upheld that firearms ownership is an individual right.

It takes a special mindset to equate people disagreeing with you with "abuse." Now we know why you are so eager to suck up to the Brady bunch.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree with Jack, that sort of passive and compromising mentality is why we are at the mercy of politicians to uphold our rights in the first place.

The man was found not guilty, who cares about the court of public opinion. The people that would judge him for visiting Kel-Tec are the same people that thought he should have been convicted in the first place. They are not going to change their opinion.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I get the whole public image thing people worry about, but Zimmerman should never have been charged ( and was not until al and jesse ran their mouths) and was acquitted by a jury much to the chagrin of the race hustlers who are angry Trayvon is one vote they wont get in 2016 except chicago maybe.

Zimmerman has every right to go there. One of their products probably saved his life.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And any gun could have jammed if it was mashed up against a person and their clothing.

Nuh-uh. I betcha I can mash my revolver up against you and your clothing and get off more than one round. Kirk won't let us play pretend, though, so you'll just have to accept that I'm right and you're wrong.

On a side note, I only came back to this thread to see if anyone had made a joke about the title reading "Lawyer pulls out" on the subforum screen. Nothing yet? Wow, INGO is getting more mature...and dare I say...classy? Nah.:laugh:

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Maybe he is talking to them about licensing a George Zimmerman commemorative addition pistol. But seriously, the pictures don't really help with public opinion. And if you are his attorney, public opinion matters.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I believe you have some valid points about the other side. I think you are incorrect on your numbers, falling for the mainstream media hype. The difficulty with your message, the same as the OP's, is that you are presenting their misguided side as opposed to how we may better educate them.

I'm all for educating people. Making a public display regarding a highly emotional issue is unlikely to win any support.

I never suggested that GZ was not within his rights. But why not just say "no publicity and no photos"?

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Maybe he is talking to them about licensing a George Zimmerman commemorative addition pistol. But seriously, the pictures don't really help with public opinion. And if you are his attorney, public opinion matters.

It would be in bad taste, but I would love to see the look on Obama's, Holder's, Sharpton, and Jackson's face.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    At least 2 irrelevant, name-calling personal attacks in your post. Sorry if you lack the self awareness to see it.

I have enough self-awareness to understand that there was not one, nor "two" names that I called you. You're welcome to quote any "names" that you think you read in the posts. It's easy. Scroll back is to your right side of the screen.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Free man? Can do it if he wants to?

Sure, but what's the goal? Does he want to become some sort of folk hero and cash in on this despite the fact that this means he will live in infamy in an awful lot of people's minds for the rest of his life, or does he want his life back?

Me? I would want my life back. There is "rights" and then there is practical life. Sometimes the end goal means not insisting the world treat you like an average joe when it is clear you are not. Everyone who says "I would do whatever I want and tell the world to screw itself." Maybe you would, but until you've been through what GZ has, it silly for you to do more than guess what you would do.

If his attorney counseled him to keep his head low until everything dies down, I can get behind that advice. However, none of us should ever know about this advice unless GZ himself wanted to make it known. Lawyers sometimes want to be the star of the show. That's a very bad idea. I have been representing a client who has gotten nationwide and world wide coverage. I would never dream of letting my advice to him become public knowledge even if he ignored me. He is the client and i will never divulge information about what I have told him even if he goes the exact opposite direction.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    If he is not there to fix their quality control or volume of product issues then not really interested. :rolleyes:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've been quoted in the papers dozens of times and have yet to see an accurate quote.

you and me both. Caused quite a stir when I showed up to residency after having been misquoted and the new place read what they thought I had said. I refuse to do interviews for news organizations due to the horrible reporting, misrepresentation, and outright theft of content that they do.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I refuse to do interviews for news organizations due to the horrible reporting, misrepresentation, and outright theft of content that they do.

Same here. If I *have* to release info, I type it out and give it to the media office. Nothing on camera, nothing on audio tape. Just written words that I retain a copy of.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Nuh-uh. I betcha I can mash my revolver up against you and your clothing and get off more than one round. Kirk won't let us play pretend, though, so you'll just have to accept that I'm right and you're wrong.

On a side note, I only came back to this thread to see if anyone had made a joke about the title reading "Lawyer pulls out" on the subforum screen. Nothing yet? Wow, INGO is getting more mature...and dare I say...classy? Nah.:laugh:

Damn, you definitely have a very good point there :yesway:

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    If a gun saved my life, I would probably go thank the factory workers also. As far as what people think of his move. Well I don't care what he does they will tear him a new one regardless of what he does.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom