• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    You would think that for all that we have to do and how much we have to PAY - $65 to $125 depending on 4 yr. or Lifetime - that the LTCH would at least be hard plastic, anti-counterfeit wallet size like our D.L. is.

Buuuut Noooooooo! That would make too much sense.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    When the person shows it to you. Rip it to shreds and say "I know that was fake."
    If they run away, it was probably fake.
    If they don't ....
    YOU might want to exit stage left immediately.

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You would think that for all that we have to do and how much we have to PAY - $65 to $125 depending on 4 yr. or Lifetime - that the LTCH would at least be hard plastic, anti-counterfeit wallet size like our D.L. is.

:yesway: +! i was just thinking the same thing

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

I don't understand the paper usage either. After trimming the paper and laminating it is too large for the cc pockets in my wallet so it has to go sideways in the main compartment. Eventually it wears and starts to come apart.

I receive umpteen mail order solicitations that include a more durable card so cost isn't the issue. The DNR hunter education card is a hard plastic.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    If you're shipping, only ship to a ffl.

Face to face, ask the following:
    1). Are you an indiana resident
    2). Is it legal for you to own a firearm
    If they answer yes to both, you're ok to sell to them.

Asking to see their LTCH, copying any of their documents, recording their information, etc... Is overkill, and I personally wouldn't let you do any of that. I don't want you, the seller, to have my info, be able to look up where I live, and know that I have firearms in my house to steal at a later date.

I almost forgot the point of the original post.

I agree with the above post. I might flash someone my DL (not required) or LTCH (definite overkill and would annoy me) but I wouldn't agree to copying or any other conditions. I don't like being treated like a criminal. If it was too much of a hassle then I would walk away from the deal and buy from the LGS.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Let me guess, you're selling a long gun and demanding to see a LTCH.

Want to be 95% sure the sale is to a non-criminal? Go to a dealer, do a F4473 and transfer. You pay the $25 or so.and you get to sleep soundly.

Even if the LTCH is not a forgery, there's nothing to say the guy didn't get a LTCH, commit a violent felony, do time, and still come to you with the now invalid LTCH. They don't physically take it away.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Follow you gut feeling...

Either sell the firearm FTF or go through a FFL. I have bought and sold many firearms FTF. I will ask to see an IN DL & LTCH. In return, I have showed mine as well. I will not give a hard copy of my information to another IN resident and have lost a few sweet deals as a result. I don't do bill of sales with a resident either. I would like to be able to trust people, but as I stated, you are not getting my private information. I personally believe if you are trying to get my information that is not relevant to sale, I have to assume you have intentions of using my information for your own use.

A LTCH is not needed for a sale of handgun or long gun.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Follow you gut feeling...

Either sell the firearm FTF or go through a FFL. I have bought and sold many firearms FTF. I will ask to see an IN DL & LTCH. In return, I have showed mine as well. I will not give a hard copy of my information to another IN resident and have lost a few sweet deals as a result. I don't do bill of sales with a resident either. I would like to be able to trust people, but as I stated, you are not getting my private information. I personally believe if you are trying to get my information that is not relevant to sale, I have to assume you have intentions of using my information for your own use.

A LTCH is not needed for a sale of handgun or long gun.

Uh..... confused are we?

MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In
    Just do FFL and rest easy. If the potential buyer doesn't like it, sell it to someone else. If it were a gun I really wanted I wouldn't mind FFL to make the purchase.

Top Bottom