GenPol: Part VI----- Something Something Brandon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Victor David Hanson has a 10 point list for the GOP. Looks reasonable to me.

I'm all for that but when my guppy congressman announced the other day he's running again on his, "winning bipartisan platform", I sent him an email reminding him why I haven't voted for him the past 26 years.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Victor David Hanson has a 10 point list for the GOP. Looks reasonable to me.

Remember when the Republicans campaigned on repealing obammycare. They won the House, the Senate, and the executive branch. Then they did not repeal obammycare.

Remember?

I sure as Hell do!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Remember when the Republicans campaigned on repealing obammycare. They won the House, the Senate, and the executive branch. Then they did not repeal obammycare.

Remember?

I sure as Hell do!
    iu

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think that these kinds of things shouldn't be decided by administrations. With a stroke of a pen POTUS's from opposing parties can just keep going back and forth.

Make the people who are most accountable to the people make such regulations. I don't give a **** about 1 gallon flush toilets, or washers that take 2 hours because low water usage, or dishwashers that take 8 hours. Look. I don't live in a ****ing desert. We don't have a water shortage. I want a ***damn washer that gets **** clean and in 20-30 minutes. When I flush the toilet, I want enough water to make the **** go down.

I dunno. I think I'm just in a bad mood tonight.

Well, I think things should be decided by the legislature.
    I think it shouldn't be the Pres. And it shouldn't be a bureaucrat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why not cut back on early/extended balloting? I mean, you've got 2 years to plan for it. Make plans.
    There’s no reason to. Early voting can be done securely. I don’t care for having ballot boxes around the city. That’s ripe for corruption. I don’t like mail-in either for the same reason. I think it’s more secure to have in-person voting. Of course ballots should be counted on election day. Sometimes **** happens that you didn’t expect two years ago. Plus long lines can be a deterrent. Spread it out a week.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What do you guys have against voting on election day?
    There’s no reason to. Early voting can be done securely. I don’t care for having ballot boxes around the city. That’s ripe for corruption. I don’t like mail-in either for the same reason. I think it’s more secure to have in-person voting. Of course ballots should be counted on election day. Sometimes **** happens that you didn’t expect two years ago. Plus long lines can be a deterrent. Spread it out a week.
    Pretty much what jamil said.

Early voting is no less secure than election day voting.

It helps mitigate the need for absentee voting. Give people a week or two of early voting and the only people that would need an absentee ballot are those away long term.

Plus long lines can be a deterrent.
    This is very true. a lot of people do not have the time to stand for hours in line to vote. Those people should not lose the opportunity because of that.

Top Bottom