• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why limit yourself to what constitutes liberty and freedom? Marriage equality and an end to the war on pot are just two facets of the myriad issues out there. Anytime you expand freedom in any direction is a good day. The good people of these states repudiated the anti-freedom crowd and expanded liberty in their states. They done good! We could all learn from them. As for a return to Constitutional rule, do you honestly see ether wing of the BOYN Party doing that in your lifetime? It's a dead certainty that the gop won't have it. They more than proved that at their convention. There's no interest by anyone in DC to return to the constraints of the Constitution.

I don't think we have any significant disagreement. I just get tired of hearing, particularly from left-leaning sources, that those two things are what freedom is all about when so far as I am concerned they pale in comparison with such things as free exercise of enumerated rights, limited government, and much more dangerous intrusions like asset forfeiture, NDAA, and being relieved of so much of our personal treasure for thoroughly extra-constitutional government activities and 'programs'. It just makes me want to scream, "Put the blunt down, zip up your pants, and get to work on the actual problem, not the secondary effects of it!"

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Throw in immigration, and you have the Republican Trifecta of Fail

I don't understand how Democrats claim the higher ground on either case. Democrats have persecuted purely medicinal dispenseries even more under Obama than under Bush.

As for the gay "rights" issue, I think it is crap. Sure, the religious right is traditionally against gays lifestyle, but no one is stopping them from it. Even blocking gay "marriage" is no impediment to their freedom. Bush supported civil unions way back when. Democrats requiring the word "marriage" has surely served to prevent closure on the issue. No one really seems to care about this issue, only to use it as propaganda.

Immigration is probably the only legitimate issue (as opposed to perceived) here. But why should we let more Mexicans move here illegally? Should we let all people just come here and roam our streets? I understand how it turns off Mexican voters, but I think it is total BS that they want to make illegal immigration legal. How would they feel about that issue in Mexico, where immigrants aren't even allowed to own land? I don't here them complaining about that as a "civil rights" issue in their country.

Top Bottom