• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your feelings on gay marriage?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    apologies, as I believe I was the one who first did so. My intent wasn't to begin a religious discussion, but instead to find the basis of religious opposition.
    2yu3sw37748-1.gif

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Marriage is a religious ceremony for a man and a woman. period. If the gays want a civil union to somehow "justify" their feelings-fine-but don't try to convince me it should be a marriage. They can't reproduce-they can't be like a man and woman .

Sorry if you don't agree ,but no one will ever convince me that gays are "born gay" any more than thieves,rapists,child molesters,liars,etc.,etc. are born to do what they do. We are all sinners,but choosing to change or continue our sinful ways is what makes us human.Free will lets us choose-not blame it on----"I was born that way"----.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Marriage is a religious ceremony for a man and a woman. period. If the gays want a civil union to somehow "justify" their feelings-fine-but don't try to convince me it should be a marriage. They can't reproduce-they can't be like a man and woman .

Sorry if you don't agree ,but no one will ever convince me that gays are "born gay" any more than thieves,rapists,child molesters,liars,etc.,etc. are born to do what they do. We are all sinners,but choosing to change or continue our sinful ways is what makes us human.Free will lets us choose-not blame it on----"I was born that way"----.

So if you are a straight sterile couple who cannot have kids it's not a real religious marriage either? :dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I disagree that nobody is "born gay." There were a few kids in school that looking back now, I realize they were gay even back in elementary school. What I mean is, they were gay before they even knew what it meant to be gay.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Marriage is not a government concern there should be no legal definition of marriage if a church wants to recognize a union between people then that's fine or if they want to not recognize a couple that's fine but her the gov out of it

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Get the government out of the business of licensing ANY marriage.

Government licensing of marriage was designed for one purpose - to attempt to control the genetic race of the US population by preventing marriage between white people and minorities (look it up - antimiscegination laws). Let's get rid of every vestige of what is a clearly wrong government plan.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    To the OP -
    Did you really expect a Straight answer for such a Gay question? :eek:

Nope just curious... I posted this as a political question and I already knew how it would go to the "dark side" (nothing against the religious people just a slight that religion is a no-no on INGO) It just proves to me more that religion and politics should have nothing to do with each other. The whole civil union vs marriage debate is a joke it's the same thing call it that!

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am morally opposed to gay marriage, but I do NOT believe it should be illegal. The Duty of government is to protect people's right to life, liberty, and property. That's it. Marriage should not be defined by the state.

I think there may need to be another option in the poll to reflect this opinion accurately.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    do we allow polygamy too?

jake

Interesting question... If a man wants to have multiple wives (or visa versa) I mean as long as the wife/wives are okay who am I to stop them? I have one wife and always joke about getting a "sister wife"... but I have 1 wife and 2 daughters and I couldn't imagine another woman in my house telling me what I can and can't do...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Interesting question... If a man wants to have multiple wives (or visa versa) I mean as long as the wife/wives are okay who am I to stop them? I have one wife and always joke about getting a "sister wife"... but I have 1 wife and 2 daughters and I couldn't imagine another woman in my house telling me what I can and can't do...
    I mention that in post #114;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom