• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your feelings on gay marriage?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Plain and simple people can do what they want in my opinion. if it doesn't directly, negatively affect me and my life, go for it. if they are happy then good for them, thats all that matters. :yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im all for it.
    I dont see why gay couples shouldn't have the same rights as straight couples.
    They are citizens like straight people, they pay the same taxes and yet they dont have the same rights.
    Pursuit of happiness also applies to gay people, the constitution doesn't say "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for straight people", they should be able to get married and live a family life.
    Im straight and I have the freedom to marry any woman I want, why a gay man or woman shouldn't have the same freedom to marry the person they love?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think all marriage should be illegal.:runaway:

:):

That could be a fair option. :yesway:
    Make it illegal for EVERYBODY, or make it legal for EVERYBODY, but dont leave a group of people behind.
    Having gay marriage illegal is just like having marriage illegal for black people, or jews, or what ever group of people in my opinion.
    That doesn't look like freedom to me.:dunno:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I think it's cool that everyone so far is so open minded. I could care less what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home. I believe people are born that way. They should be free to love whoever they want to love. It's none of my business.

I also agree they should have the right to be miserable just like the rest of us.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think gay people should have the right to be as miserable as the rest of us.

Yes and they should get the pleasure of the messy divorce to go with it!

Seriously though. 1 man and 1 woman make a marriage. Any other combination makes some kind of unholy abomination.

Reminds me of the story the old indian told about why the white man was crazy.
    Indian men hunted and made war. Stole horses from their enemies. Fished with spears and made love when they felt like it. While Indian women skinned and cooked the game, made the leather from the skins, planted and harvested what crops the tribes grew, cooked for their men and tended the children. And made love when their men felt like it.

Why would the white man come along and spoil a good thing?

Gays and lesbians can date who they want, sleep with whomever they wish, have two incomes and no kids so they can buy the toys their hearts desire. Why would they want to get married and spoil a good thing?:twocents:

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    lol yeah That is kinda my point why do people care if gay people get married...

If the reason you are against is religion then why should it be illegal?

Exactly! It is the only "sin" that precludes state recognized marriage. Rapists, muderers, molestors, etc. can marry, even in prison.

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, that is fine and is your right. But letting states recognize gay marriage does NOT mean that your particular church has to perform them. With the great "separation of church and state", your beliefs will stay safe while allowing ALL people to enjoy their rights and have a chance at their "pursuit of happiness".

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    5 years ago, I would have been against gay marriage due to religious reasons. As I've grown older and wiser, I understand that all are with sin. Most gay men and women have not turned their lives over to the God that I have turned mine over to so they are not subject to the rules that are meant to glorify my God. Too many Christian men and women try to cure individual sins and believe that will lead to salvation, which simply is not true.

I voted that I don't care. I'm not for it, because I am not gay but I don't believe that the state should have any role in marriage as it applies to anyone. Marriage is a way to glorify God, not the state, insurance companies, or employers. I guess asking the state to allow gay marriage is acknowledging the role of the state in marriage, something I already did when I purchased a marriage license 6 years ago (yesterday).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Marriage is a religious covenant.

Everything else is a civil contract based solely on legal considerations. If gays want that, fine. Give it to 'em. It won't make it a marriage.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Gay people have the same rights as straight people, no more , no less, but I don't think the Gubment needs to be involved, and don't expect me to approve or pay for it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom