• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Hope they catch the other guy so they can charge him with the crimes involved.

Good wishes to the clerk and please pass along an "attaboy" if you know him.

Blessings,
    Bill

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    Jeffersonville has become almost like a little beruit lately. What is going on there? Seems to be in the news every other day if not every day. Why does it seem to be going to hell in a hand basket?

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Jeffersonville has become almost like a little beruit lately. What is going on there? Seems to be in the news every other day if not every day. Why does it seem to be going to hell in a hand basket?

Living here, I'd say its a couple of factors that don't involve classic signs of increased criminality such as high unemployment (Jeff beats pretty much all of its neighbors and is well below the national average there).

1. The overall stress of the entire county is up due to the bridge situation. Everyone is a little more angry than they were six months ago. Add a few dozen slightly pissed off interactions every day, and the cumulative effect is that each day gets a bit more stressful.

2. New Albany has ramped up its policing efforts after a particularly nasty summer of home invasions, rapes, and assaults; so Jeff is inheriting their problems.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I would HATE to get shot in the 1600 Block of Allison Lane....you can really bleed out....... I carry all the time,I live in Jeff. Has anyone seen my bike?

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    If this happened every time and the bad guys were killed every time there was a robbery, there would be no more robberies.
    It would save money on court costs and we wouldn't have to support them until they got out and did it again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It's not just Jeffersonville. I believe the zombie apocalypse is upon us, just not in the form everyone imagines, and you can't go out and randomly shoot em yet. I was in Krogers in Clarksville last week with my wife, and by the time we got 50 feet inside the door, I told my wife the place was getting as bad as walmart. Dope heads, gangstas, just general low lifes, and they were EVERYWHERE! Sorry if I sound like a jack ass for saying it, but society is devolving, and fast! I make sure all of my loved ones have the means to protect themselves, wherever they go.

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I lost the webpage but I heard over the weekend the one suspect that was shot, ended up dieing from multiple gun shots he received during the robbery. But still no mention on the 2nd suspect that was involved.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    He dead

The bad guy did die from his wounds. Maybe he was used to robbing folks in Baltimore/DC where nobody is armed? Nice to see he got what he deserved:ar15:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The bad guy did die from his wounds. Maybe he was used to robbing folks in Baltimore/DC where nobody is armed? Nice to see he got what he deserved:ar15:

Yup...Ralph the Robber is now Wally Wormfood:

Suspected robber dies from shooting by southern Indiana store cl - 13 WTHR

I wonder if the convo went something like this:

Turd: "Yo man...I'm a hard-core gangsta from Baltimore where we don' play...and this a rob..."

:shoot: BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!!
    :stretcher:

Clerk: "...Welcome to Indiana!" :D :draw:

Last edited:

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Seems they have robbed the same Qmart 3 times before over the past couple of months and the gas station across the street as well, so I guess the clerk was a bit more prepared for them this time around.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Seems they have robbed the same Qmart 3 times before over the past couple of months and the gas station across the street as well, so I guess the clerk was a bit more prepared for them this time around.

The 2 people had also robbed other business in the area too. They are pretty sure it is the same guys because they used bikes to get away. Sounds like justice has been served.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I drive and run by that station on a daily basis. Disconcerting to have something like this happen so nearby.
    I've only filled up there once, but I make sure to stay aware of my surroundings when getting gas anywhere. I hope they find the 2nd perp soon.

& committing an armed robbery on bikes, really? criminals...

Top Bottom