• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    “I mean obviously the poor fella is being attacked and carrying a gun for his safety,” said Sweeney. “Honestly, you gotta give it up to the victim to be in the moment and aware of his own safety.”

I like this lady.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This happened across the parking lot from where I work. I was not in the office when it happened, though! Sounds like the bad guys picked the wrong victim.

What took so long to post this, trying to settle down so you could type? Little to close to work.

I know this area and would not want to stop and get gas there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    But were you across the street at the Gas Station?

Are you OK?

Was there much damage to the car?

Oh, wise guy, eh???

That is not a gas station I would stop at, if I had a choice.

Amen. When I leave work, if I need gas, I go somewhere else. I won't use the Shell on Michigan at 71 either. I confess I have been in the CVS and the Taco Bell.

And it happened at NOON.

What took so long to post this, trying to settle down so you could type? Little to close to work.

I know this area and would not want to stop and get gas there.

Hahah! I didn't get to look at the link until this morning (flip phone).

I am sorry Rhino...Did you cut yourself bad??? Stitches???? Are you okay????

TWO wise guys, eh??

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This looks and sounds like a good shoot, but nobody knows what it'll look like once the ****'ing lawyers nitpick every millisecond of this encounter in slo-mo instant replay. Heaven help the guy if any of the bullet holes are in the trunk/back window of the vehicle.

BTW, I posted this on reddit's DGU (Defensive Gun Use) subreddit. It's quite a list of defensive gun uses nationwide, like "Armed Citizen" on steroids with multiple daily posts. I'd recommend checking it out, and adding to it if you see a news article about a DGU that hasn't been posted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dgu/

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    This looks and sounds like a good shoot, but nobody knows what it'll look like once the ****'ing lawyers nitpick every millisecond of this encounter in slo-mo instant replay. Heaven help the guy if any of the bullet holes are in the trunk/back window of the vehicle.

I hope it turns out ok for the victim. Now let me Monday morning quarterback the heck out of this without having all the information.

According to the article "The victim pulled out a gun a fired at the car as it tried to drive away." Threat over, so you bust off some rounds in a crowded area at noon anyway? Must have those special bullets that can tell bad guys from innocent bystanders, or you know you always hit your intended target 100% of the time.

"One person inside the car was hit by gunfire and taken to the hospital." Who? The robber? Getaway driver? Some poor sap who picked the wrong day to bum a ride from a questionable friend of a friend?

Heaven help the victim indeed.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I hope it turns out ok for the victim. Now let me Monday morning quarterback the heck out of this without having all the information.

According to the article "The victim pulled out a gun a fired at the car as it tried to drive away." Threat over, so you bust off some rounds in a crowded area at noon anyway? Must have those special bullets that can tell bad guys from innocent bystanders, or you know you always hit your intended target 100% of the time.

"One person inside the car was hit by gunfire and taken to the hospital." Who? The robber? Getaway driver? Some poor sap who picked the wrong day to bum a ride from a questionable friend of a friend?

Heaven help the victim indeed.

To purely speculate, while it's minutely possible a totally innocent person (or child) was in the car, also, it's far more probable that all waiting in the get-away car are accomplices, including the robber himself, and the attempted murderer driver.

Also, based on just the information available, and unfortunately, journalists are no longer precise with their language, the car threat wasn't over until past the victim (of attempted robbery, assault and attempted murder) and mostly taillights and back window visible, IMO. No idea what Indiana's laws are on shooting at fleeing violent felons, but I assume civilians do not have the same protections as LEO and must exercise more discipline when a threat ends and the felon(s) have actually turned tail.

IANAL

Edited to add: If after taking statements and reviewing the security camera footage, the police "currently" don't think the "victim" did anything wrong... well, they've already had zillions more milliseconds to make that decision than the victim (no quotes on purpose) did.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I love Miss Johnson! Reminds me of my grandma.
    "I have never felt intimidated"!
    like the joke about the old woman with several guns in her car. Cop asks what she's afraid of, she replies "not a damn thing"!

Top Bottom