• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Just drove to Wyoming and back over the last week hunting. Most of the time we gassed up the 15 pass van (which was often) it was well over $3 a gallon!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Quantitative Easing aka printing money ($500B) has driven investors from treasuries (currency) to commodities, which has resulted in an increase in price in all commodities.

Fuel, food, lumber, rubber, lead, etc will all increase in price. Welcome to the beginning of the end.

This will further stall the economy. We'll see more "quantitative easing" and then price fixing when fuel and food become too expensive. At that point, business will begin to shut their doors.

The Federal Reserve thinks the problem with the economy is a lack of currency. Obviously, that's not the case. If there really was a shortage of currency, then this would be a good thing. You rarely ever have a currency shortage during a recession though.

If they reverse course, we could still be saved. However, I'm betting they continue to pile it on as the recession continues, and drive us straight into an all out depression.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Remember when the bammer said that he thought that gasoline should be $5/gallon or higher to force us to quit driving as much???? Some of you voted for this guy. I was listening to all the crap he was spewing out to the various types that might beleive him. I did not vote for him, but will suffer right along side of those who did as our economy continues to go right down the toilet. Go ahead FED and print more money!!!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Gas prices are definitely annoying but I remember when my Grandfather told me we may not be going fishing one weekend if gas went up over a dollar. Thankfully he recanted his decision after i asked him how many weeks I needed to do my chores for enough allowance to pay for gas so we could go fishing. (I mowed about 3 acres twice a week and took out trash as needed for 5$ a week.) Whenever I cleaned out the stalls in the barn, stacked hay up into the loft or cleared the weeds around the barn I earned an extra 5$ that week.

I also remember later that same summer waiting in a 1/2 mile line for 30-45 minutes at Swiftys because they were still .999$ per gallon when the other stations in town were 1.099$/gallon.

I guess my point from these memories is that I'm not going to let a little bit of cash flow on gas prices affect the memories I make with my family. I'm also not going to waste 25$ worth of time trying to save 2$ on a tank of gas. Better to spend your money and time with your family and making good decisions at the ballot machine.

Top Bottom