• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    This just goes further with the debacle that is Gary.

Two Gary reserve officers were wounded Saturday when one of them accidentally discharged his weapon while trying to load the magazine inside a squad car, police said. According to Lt. Sam Roberts, spokesman for the Gary Police Department, at 2:45 p.m. Saturday Gary Reserve Officer Kenneth Shannon Sr. 68, was riding in the passenger seat of a squad car with his partner, Gary Reserve Officer Joe Leavy, 56, in the 4600 block of Delaware Street. According to Roberts, Shannon had a new .40-caliber Glock 22 semi-automatic pistol that he was "unfamiliar with" in the vehicle with him.
    Shannon was allegedly loading the magazine into the weapon when he accidentally fired a shot into his left hand and into Leavy's right side, Roberts said.
    The two officers were treated at the scene by Gary emergency personnel and transported to The Methodist Hospitals' Southlake campus in Gary. The conditions were not known Monday morning.
    Roberts said the incident is believed to be accidental but remains under investigation by Gary detectives.

Also enforces why I don't really want to give my firearm to the officer if I'm ever pulled over and he/she asks for it.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I feel sorry for the loss of this mother's children. I can not speak in regards to this family, but I am sick up seeing articles stating how a youths or innocents life was taken from them. I see the names of most of these youths and innocents...and have recognized their names from the "police blotter" for drug and gang arrests. This is never reported. After the loss of one child, let alone 2...3...4, I would move or question what my children are doing to be placed in this type of situation. Every one wants to ignore the fact that their children aren't perfect and blame actions on someone or something else.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    1. Abolition of government schools and the culture of nihilism that they teach.

2. Abolition of the Welfare State--abolish HHS, Commerce, Agriculture, Engery, Education at both federal and state levels.

3. Stop the governmental attack on African-American families, ongoing since the 1960s and stop treating them as incompetent and less than capable.

4. Abolition of the capital gains tax and slashing corporate income taxes so businesses can expand and produce without taxation.

5. Aboliition of the minimum wage laws which is designed to attack African-American teenagers.

I have plenty more, but I'll stop now.:D
    :yesway: Kirk, with a platform like that, you could run for office. I'd vote for ya.

But you might have to quit using those Latin based Lawyer-speak words.(That nihilism is nothing, anyway, or so I've heard). :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom