• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I like Gov. Pence's request to ask for a long range plan BEFORE agreeing to send ISP patrols. Mayor, what are your plans after ISP patrols leave?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I thought in Indiana, that the term "homicide" simply means the killing of one person by another. If it is justifiable homicide, is it still considered a crime?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Umm if he was defending himself and this kid happened to die in the fight because he drew a gun on the guy how is it this gu did anything wrong?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Killing someone is homicide.
    Homicide is a crime murder manslaughter etc
    Self defense is a type of justification for that crime.
    But it has to be proportional "reasonable force"

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    It wouldn't surprise me if they called it manslaughter since he disarmed the guy. The mugger wasn't a threat once disarmed.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The mugger wasn't a threat once disarmed.

No, the mugger wasn't a threat once he was dead.

In the article it says nothing about the mugger being disarmed. It says the three of them struggled for control of the weapon and one bad guy ended up dead.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Since this happened so close to Chicago, what's the chances this guy will have to go to court and defend himself? Given it was a "gun-violence" crime and all.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two guys wanting your wallet are trying to beat your ass...one even brought a gun. Just because a fella no longer has a gun doesn't mean he's going to quiet down and be reasonable.Had the turds won that struggle we would have read about a tragic robbery.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It wouldn't surprise me if they called it manslaughter since he disarmed the guy. The mugger wasn't a threat once disarmed.

It would surprise the crap out of me, and I'm a robbery detective. I *love* when the potential victim gets the gun away from the bad guy. I had one not too long ago that I asked the media to release. The clerk was strapping young studly-stud and as soon as the robber was distracted He-Man choke slammed him backward and got the gun away from him. The look on the robber's face was priceless. You could see the thought bubble, "I've got the gun, I thought I was in charge" as he's overpowered and has the gun ripped out of his grip.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    They will probabally say the threat was neutralized once he had the gun...times aren't the way they used to. And they're not getting better anytime soon

Top Bottom