• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I guess in all her "educated" ramblings, she forgets the party the Klan was founded in.

I love these morons who really think they are intellectuals....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Cwood, don't let her or the dood get your blood pressure up. I think of JG like I do my pre-teen son: Sometimes I just have to laugh at his naivete because he just doesn't know "what he doesn't know" in life, even though he is strong-willed and developing his own ideals about life that sometimes differ from mine.

If JG wants to make a fool of herself, let her. From what I have seen of the TV ratings lately, FOXNEWS has what? the top 10 slots? I don't remember seeing any liberal-leaning shows near the top. I think that that is why the libs are pushing hard for the Fairness Doctrine - because they are struggling to compete with "the right" in most every electronic medium. That would also explain the childish jokes - when no one is looking, kids will be kids and joke about things or in ways that they wouldn't if there was someone actually watching them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Until the government targets something near and dear to their hearts, they will continue to shoot their mouth off, yes. When it is them under the gun (pun intended) then they will squeal a whole different tune.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I pity her, I mean she has been reduced to random 1 second shots of her looking retared uh I mean concerned on 24. she needs the early 90's to come back in the worst way.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    She's a big reason I've just about quit watching 24. I can't bring myself to give people like her the benefit of the doubt that she's just stupid, or super-insulated in their own little world. If they can't control everything around them, they throw a tantrum like a spoiled three year old. And we know what three year olds get for throwing tantrums... :bat:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Make no mistake about it, JG & KO & those sorts of hardcore leftists would wave & cheer at you & your family as you passed by in cattle car on the way to the "reeducation camps".

Ahhh, Keith Olbermann and that other mousey b#tch. The first two people who I hope get hit by a bus this morning.

Hrm. The Right doesn't sound much better than the Left to me.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hrm. The Right doesn't sound much better than the Left to me.

I gotta agree with that. We, on the Right, tend to appeal to Pathos rather than logic. We dont get our way, we scream and paint pictures of horrible things happening to our "enemies". Our political rivals or opposition become "enemies".

Wish for the best of our cause rather than hope for the violent end of theirs. This little boy attitude of kill them all, but I dont want to do it is ridiculous. I hate to think what would happen if someone cut us off in traffic...What do we do? Hope they die in an accident? Hope they get out of their car to fight so we can shoot them? I personally see too much of this here and in "right" public. Are we that willing to wish for the murder and death of anyone who disagrees with us? I hate to think what folks are doing right now reading this. If desired, I could make up some Vernon voodoo dolls, only 4.99 plus shipping and handling.

On to Garofalo: I liked her early movies, alot of then appealed to a sarcastic, dark humor that was all the rage in high school. That blog entry disappoints me severely and my view of her is GREATLY diminished. With any situation where vague parties are held (only right or only left parties), there are bound to be a few folks in there that ruin it for everyone else. I would bet, unfortunately, that there may have been some racists in the crowd. Hidden, but present. Let these left comments be a reminder: The bumper sticker logic comes out a bit too much with us. Lets use logic and think about what we will say, rather than spew out a line regarding our views that can be misconstrued. We are in the political fight for our lives and we dont want to depend on pathos, only hard logic and well thought concepts, not passion and fear.:twocents:

Last edited:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    In all fairness, we "right wing extremists" generally feel equally as strong about how wrong the left is. When I watched this, my knee-jerk reaction was to get pissed. But then I stopped for a moment, counted to 10, and realized that she's simply ignorant. She obviously has no idea what it's like to be a middle-class citizen (as most celebrities don't) so she clearly would have a skewed opinion. She, like so many others, has no problem saying whatever she has to in order to protect her own agenda. With morals and blinders like hers, I'm surprised she hasn't run for a political office herself.

The rich, like JG, have all the money they need and the loopholes to relieve them of paying much in taxes. It is common knowledge that the middle class provides the majority of financial support to the government as well as the low/no-income families (welfare, immigrants, etc.). She's very happy with the government picking the pockets of anyone other than her. Not to mention she's loving any publicity she can get. So it's perfectly understandable why she's happy with the way things are.

I also find it ironic that she refers to all the protesters as "tea bagging rednecks" and "racist". Then she implies that we all have a "neurological problem". Are these not racist comments? Is this not hypocritical slander?

Hey Kettle! Kettle can you hear me? The pot is calling!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ...and I should care about the idiocy of idiots because...?? :dunno:

(...which is why I didn't click on the link. Instead of reading non-sense from the non-sensical. I can use that time to do something productive...like pick my nose or something... ;))

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    She's a big reason I've just about quit watching 24. I can't bring myself to give people like her the benefit of the doubt that she's just stupid, or super-insulated in their own little world. If they can't control everything around them, they throw a tantrum like a spoiled three year old. And we know what three year olds get for throwing tantrums... :bat:

I'm convinced Jack will kill her in the last hour :rockwoot:

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotta agree with that. We, on the Right, tend to appeal to Pathos rather than logic. We dont get our way, we scream and paint pictures of horrible things happening to our "enemies". Our political rivals or opposition become "enemies".

Really?

Well I don't know about you but I automatically get a little irate when I encounter a cadre of political extremists who spend their entire lives working feverishly to take away what little freedom I have left.

I guess if that's an illogical reaction then so be it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Really?

Well I don't know about you but I automatically get a little irate when I encounter a cadre of political extremists who spend their entire lives working feverishly to take away what little freedom I have left.

I guess if that's an illogical reaction then so be it.

The question I meerly submit to the group is why stoop to their level if they chose irrationality? Taking the high road will ultimately have a better outcome, not only in that particular arguement, but also for the cause in general.

Instead of being irrational because of something irrational they do, make them irrational due to something RATIONAL that you did. Its okay to be a little revved up about something. But to show it dooms one's arguement to admonishment and ultimately disregard. JennyBird got it on the head. Count to ten, take a walk, write an angry letter, then throw it out, etc... If faced with a situation that you would feel "irate" about, either dont face it unless you can do it calmly or do it calmly. We dont want to win an arguement by shouting over the other person, we want to win on logic and calmness. Win them over with calm, rather than anger. Getting noticeably angry only encourages the arguement to go over to the other side. Noticeable aggrivation makes the opponenet (to use the term, though they should be a friend, as the 1st amendment allows one to speak their mind as well as you speak yours without retaliation) close their mental doors to your arguement.

Realistically, with even the most attentive and skilled rhetortician, the opposition will NEVER change their views completely. Its like asking us to change our views completely. BUT, if we are calm and reasonable about it, then maybe we can MODIFY their views. We aren't here to say who is wrong or right. That is not your job. Our job is to represent the US public and convince the opposition that their side may have some flaws (as they will certainly pick out ours, in this case, rage over immaterial things) and make them change their view themselves.

Top Bottom