• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Not this years garden but I did pre-order some new, hardneck garlics to plant this fall. Next year will be my first year of trying hardnecks. In years past I've just planted some cloves from a store-bought head of garlic. Next year I'll have some more "artisan" varieties of hardnecks.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Mama's garden looks good..eating radishes and greens already. Buckwheat is in full bloom,oats are thick and the corn is up. Already eating mulberries and strawberries. First year for cherries ...raspberries any day now.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    So I just started growing a garden last week. I bought a lot of seeds, so far ive only planted watermelon and pumpkins. But Friday im going to be planting onions, various peppers, corn, herbs, etc.

Watermelon

20130618_191132_zps5db8746d.jpg

Pumpkins

20130618_191200_zpse9d6c25f.jpg

20130618_191205_zpscfc084b6.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Man I love looking back and seeing the progression my garden is making. It's now in boom mode. not quite full swing but it's putting out some great stuff. Here we go with my broccoli. this is a 8 inch bladed chef knife so try to picture the size of this head lol. wow!

Potatoes are easily at 3 foot plus now. I'm going to lay a bunch of straw soon to see if I can get some others to form up. next year I'm going to build a super big potato box but for this year I'll let the plants focus on just making one large group of potatoes lol.

cabbage are getting monstrous however the worms are trying to get at them so we had to hit it with some organic bug spray tonight. doesn't kill them right away but it stops them from eating right away. this is going to make some awesome kraut no question about it!

some tomato's were just laying but their cages showed up today so I fixed that. I'm stoked. average size is 3 foot plus already and they all have little tomato's growing. some have some rather large green ones already.

peppers are doing very well. I put a few of these in the bbq chicken marinade tonight and can't wait till tomorrow. they are marked spicy lol but will be amazing once grilled up!!!

I have been eating and giving away garlic scapes for a week or so now. they make everything delicious. I absolutely love them and they impart such a great flavor. so good!!

apples are starting to grow some. good sized and not to much longer. Honey crisp apples are expensive so I'm stoked mine are coming out right!!

and the fresh veggies for the BBQ chicken. not traditional by any means but it's my own creation and delicious

and in the home made BBQ sauce for the over night marinade. it will soak up that great flavor all night!! yes 2 are super spicy for me and a buddy. the other is for his wife and mine lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    We lost 2 tomato plants early...did not plant beans this year or corn...everything else is looking great. Last year had so many tomatoes and zucchinis we were giving them away, The coons got our beautiful corn which did great but the beans would flower and the flowers would burn off according to a farmer...Soap and water in a spray bottle is what we use for bugs. Plus when we plant our tomatoes we put Epson salts in the bottom of the hole...I think like a tablespoon. Our garden is 25 X 50 might expand it next year if we have more time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Man I love looking back and seeing the progression my garden is making. It's now in boom mode. not quite full swing but it's putting out some great stuff. Here we go with my broccoli. this is a 8 inch bladed chef knife so try to picture the size of this head lol. wow!

Potatoes are easily at 3 foot plus now. I'm going to lay a bunch of straw soon to see if I can get some others to form up. next year I'm going to build a super big potato box but for this year I'll let the plants focus on just making one large group of potatoes lol.

cabbage are getting monstrous however the worms are trying to get at them so we had to hit it with some organic bug spray tonight. doesn't kill them right away but it stops them from eating right away. this is going to make some awesome kraut no question about it!

some tomato's were just laying but their cages showed up today so I fixed that. I'm stoked. average size is 3 foot plus already and they all have little tomato's growing. some have some rather large green ones already.

peppers are doing very well. I put a few of these in the bbq chicken marinade tonight and can't wait till tomorrow. they are marked spicy lol but will be amazing once grilled up!!!

I have been eating and giving away garlic scapes for a week or so now. they make everything delicious. I absolutely love them and they impart such a great flavor. so good!!

apples are starting to grow some. good sized and not to much longer. Honey crisp apples are expensive so I'm stoked mine are coming out right!!

and the fresh veggies for the BBQ chicken. not traditional by any means but it's my own creation and delicious

and in the home made BBQ sauce for the over night marinade. it will soak up that great flavor all night!! yes 2 are super spicy for me and a buddy. the other is for his wife and mine lol

Beautiful garden...I am so jealous about your apples...think some fruit tress next year.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    The peaches, apples, plums, cherries, and apricots have fruit. We're eating cherries and mulberries now. One type of the apricot trees dropped all of the fruit. We're selling green beans at the Minnetrista Market. Zucchini will sell next Saturday.

Try to avoid pesticides. It will mess up your soil and you. Check out the link at the bottom of the page. It is very frustrating to work hard and then see your plants struggle or die. Healthy plants do not normally need pesticides. The best liguid fertilizer is Amsoil fish and/or kelp. We also use chicken and cow manure that our critters offer up daily. Send me a message if you need compost (1 hour N/E of Indianapolis).

Roundup Red Alert! What You Need to Know about the Pesticide Poised to "Push Us All Off of the Cliff" | Rodale News

Pests & Pesticide Facts

Beautiful...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    We've had some slug/snail issues. Treated for them the other day, so we'll see. They were eating the cabbage and broccoli. BTW: We've been eating fresh broccoli the last couple of weeks! Good stuff. Picked up another bunch to plant for broccoli well into the summer.

Bush beans and sweet corn are up about 6-8 inches. Tomatoes and peppers have a few blooms and are growing great. We lost a bunch of cucumbers and onions to the water-logged soil. We re-planted and so far, so good. The Celery doesn't look too good, but is still holding on. My wife's herb garden is growing like a weed.

Tell you what, I haven't had to water anything yet this year! Especially after last night (3 more inches of rain). I haven't even run the lines from the rain barrel. We are soaked.

Now with pics!
    picture.php

picture.php

very nice looking garden...for slug and snail place lids like off shorting or drink mixes that have a short lip and put beer in them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Did not get ours in this year. Wife was ill and no time/energy after getting her through the ordeal. Was staring at both plots today already missing the fresh veggies.

When ours start coming in I will let you know...we always have extras. I know 3 years ago we did not have a garden due to an illness and my friends came through for us.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    My garden is doing really good, I will have to take a few pics tomorrow. I have been having problems with some fruit trees I planted. I think I am going to loose four of six of the trees.

TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    I've had bad luck with my potatoes so far. It flooded the first planting and had about a 30% success rate. I replaneted the ones that didn't come up the first time and another hard rain killed about half the replants.

TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    Had a little bit of wind damage two nights ago. Some of the corn is laying down. I don't know if it will come back or not. They were about two feet tall.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm not sure what's going on but apprently my broccoli found the sweet spot this year. I can't even keep up with it. I'll be freezing a bunch tomorrow morning. same with some scapes!

Top Bottom