• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Broomstick through the larger square holes in the track works well against outside intruders, it wouldn't take me long to open any door from the inside no matter how you locked it, but that's because I know a thing or two about doors, garage doors, and locks. A masterlock is no more than a minor inconvenience after learning and practicing how to pick a Medeco Biaxial

Keep in mind that the Biaxial technology was replaced in 2006 with the M3 technology. Best of luck picking or bumping that one. I am always skeptical of claims of picking or bumping high security pin tumbler lock cylinders. Several people in my industry have claimed to have done it, but not one of them has been able to to pick or bump a Biaxial or Primus cylinder that I have keyed while I was watching them. Perhaps the pressure was too much for them.

If your up for a challenge PM me, and we will get together some time. I will pin up a Biaxial cylinder and you can show me how you pick it open. You don't have your location listed, but I would be willing to drive a significant distance to learn something.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    True. I used to be adept at locks but way out of practice. If you get into my shop you have made so much noise and set off a few catch all's lights etc. that any real self surviving thief is gone. We have the windows barred and the entry door is solid with pinned hinges and a reinforced jamb. There is no way to get more than a 4 ft run at it. Not impossible but very, very difficult.

Challenge accepted.

:rofl:

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've used padlocks, vice-grips, c-clamps, and even just a bent piece of bar stock to hold my doors down. It is all a moot point if someone gains entry through another door, though.

Several years ago some low life kicked in an old wooden man door to my garage (door was dead-bolted, and inside my privacy fence), popped all 3 overhead doors using MY bolt cutters (cut my cheapy padlocks, and took the bolt-cutter with them), and made off with everything they could load in a truck. Scum of the earth, I tell ya'.

Can those gun locks be re-keyed? I'd love to get them all on the same key. Might be useful for a change.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Keep in mind that the Biaxial technology was replaced in 2006 with the M3 technology. Best of luck picking or bumping that one. I am always skeptical of claims of picking or bumping high security pin tumbler lock cylinders. Several people in my industry have claimed to have done it, but not one of them has been able to to pick or bump a Biaxial or Primus cylinder that I have keyed while I was watching them. Perhaps the pressure was too much for them.

If your up for a challenge PM me, and we will get together some time. I will pin up a Biaxial cylinder and you can show me how you pick it open. You don't have your location listed, but I would be willing to drive a significant distance to learn something.
    I'm in Northwest Indiana, so we definitely could meed up somewhere, I could probably pick a biaxial for you if you're patient enough, because it certainly isn't a quick pick. I've never tried a primus cylinder or a M3, because I just buy cylinders on E-bay to practice on, and the older ones, like the Biaxial, are priced a lot more reasonably. Mine is factory pinned, with only two mushroom pins and no spools, and depending on my luck, I'll fiddle with it for between 15 and 45 minutes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Challenge accepted.

:rofl:

-J-

Not saying it is impossible, just very difficult and would make a lot of noise. The noise would result in some extensive leakage from various entry wounds from multiple directions.
    Oh, you just want to see if you can get in, sorry, I get carried away......:D

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Locks don't keep out the real thieves just your nosy neighbors and their punk kids. Putting a locked door inside a privacy fence gives the thief privacy to work his craft. There's no easy sure answer to this problem , but any delay discourage s thieves. A half in bolt six inches long with a lock nut would work, but then you gotta remove it.
    Oh, and if my tractor is inside the barn, no door lock will stop it from driving out . At least no lock on my door...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom