• ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They just started that recently.

If I read them correctly, not only are the price pushing the limit, but they add a $25 freight charge to ship them to your store of choice!!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    They just started that recently.

If I read them correctly, not only are the price pushing the limit, but they add a $25 freight charge to ship them to your store of choice!!!

They must be targeting a very small specific demographic, people with money to burn?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for posting this. while Gander is usually insane on prices, certain stores seem to have good deals occasionaly. Terre Haute is a good example. I should have bought but didn't a vry good condition S&W CS9 for $425 and bought an H&R SB2 .44 mag with open sights for $145.

JStark6213

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    Most of the Gander Mountains that I have visited, and looked at they used gun selection the prices seemed quite steep, I would rather buy a used weapon from my local gun store anyway

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I don't disagree much with the above, but did you look through the list? Some were stupid high, but there were a few S&W revolvers and 3rd gen autos which were almost reasonable.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    A search feature by zip code would help, i.e., what's within driving distance, or at the nearest store(s).
    Guitar Center's website has that feature for used gear...

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Prices might not be the cheapest but I am seeing S&Ws that ive never even seen in the wild before. Very good selection, sure they might be expensive but I for one have not seen some of those before (outside of history books).

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I started to read them and clicked on a couple that I might have been interested in. Really had to check again, thought they were new prices.
    I x'd out and deleted the whole thing. Could not believe the prices.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Gander is a JOKE!!!!!!!! Nothing more, Nothing less.

Not in my experience.

They are no different than any other retail: you have to know what you're looking for and be in the right place at the right time.

Examples: They have UMC 9mm 250 round mega pack for $59.95 every day. Better than I've found on the internet (but I'm sure that after you read this you will go out and find it somewhere cheaper just to prove me wrong). Last October I bought a used CZ 452 Trainer from my local Gander for the same best price I found on the internet, despite they were hard to find anywhere new or used at that time.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I don't think I have ever seen so many Colt SAA revolvers for sale in any one place before. They must be 3rd generation models that have become very hard to sell I hear because some gunsmiths will not work on them I've read. Something about poor tolerance control. The exception might be a Colt custom shop prepared one. But that's a lot of money to take a chance on.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Not in my experience.

They are no different than any other retail: you have to know what you're looking for and be in the right place at the right time.

Examples: They have UMC 9mm 250 round mega pack for $59.95 every day. Better than I've found on the internet (but I'm sure that after you read this you will go out and find it somewhere cheaper just to prove me wrong). Last October I bought a used CZ 452 Trainer from my local Gander for the same best price I found on the internet, despite they were hard to find anywhere new or used at that time.

Uh, No...

I don't know where you shop but I can think of a bunch of gun shops around Indy that I can go into and not have to worry about paying new or higher than new prices for used guns. Gander is out of control on prices of used guns.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Cool idea, but the prices are killing them. My XD .45 Compact Bi-Tone for example. Used non bi-tone on Gander mountain $499 + $25 shipping fee = $524. New Bi-Tone $525 through ZXGuns out of Goshen at the Fort Wayne gun show 2 years ago + free offer for 2 additional mags and mag pouch through Springfield.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I guess Gander Mountain never heard of Bud's Gun Shop. I like going to Gander and I buy their clothes and it's a great place to wander around but it is so hard to buy anything there with their mark up plus sales tax...They could have the market cornered around here if they'd come off of their pricing better. They did tell me that they'd match any print add or published price from a place within 1/2 hour drive...but no matching or even trying to come close to Bud's...

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I guess Gander Mountain never heard of Bud's Gun Shop. I like going to Gander and I buy their clothes and it's a great place to wander around but it is so hard to buy anything there with their mark up plus sales tax...They could have the market cornered around here if they'd come off of their pricing better. They did tell me that they'd match any print add or published price from a place within 1/2 hour drive...but no matching or even trying to come close to Bud's...

Around here that'd only cover Dick's and Walmart/Meijer :rolleyes:

Top Bottom