• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I just got the new Gander ad. in the mail, lots of guns and gun related items on sale till April 4th.:dunno: about prices.

protouraero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Chesterton, IN
    I have not been happy with the Gander Mountain in NW Indiana.
    All guns were overpriced.

I went there a few months ago when they had a special "Bring in you guns for sale or trade". They offered me 30% below book price for my AMT automag.
    When I asked about current market value, they looked at me like I had no clue of what I was talking about and they said all they could do was go by book price.

A couple of days ago I went in to see about a Python Ten Pointer that was listed in thier Weeling WV location. When I asked if they had a current "Blue Book" price on that pistol, they said that doesn't matter we go by current market value!!!
    And by the way that gun is sold!
    Go Figure.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Normally I don't buy from GM. Today I picked up a used Glock 27 for $450 from the Fort Wayne store. The gun was MINT - I doubt more than 100 rounds went down the tube before it was traded in. Side by side next to a new pistol you could absolutely NOT tell the difference. I know I could have been a ton more patient and found one on the classifieds here for a little bit cheaper, but it was exactly what I was looking for at a decent price. Once in a blue moon you can find something there for a decent price. Now their ammo prices are "bend you over" ridiculous...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Normally I don't buy from GM. Today I picked up a used Glock 27 for $450 from the Fort Wayne store. The gun was MINT - I doubt more than 100 rounds went down the tube before it was traded in. Side by side next to a new pistol you could absolutely NOT tell the difference. I know I could have been a ton more patient and found one on the classifieds here for a little bit cheaper, but it was exactly what I was looking for at a decent price. Once in a blue moon you can find something there for a decent price. Now their ammo prices are "bend you over" ridiculous...

I agree, it is pretty much luck of the draw. Every once in a while I see a good deal there on a used gun, other than that I would never pay there prices. Congrats on your 27 BTW that is my EDC and I love it.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I agree with the high prices on the new guns and ammo, but I have gotten some good deals on used guns there, but you have to go in there and look reguarlly because they dont last very long. In the ad you talked about, I am going to purchase one of the remington 770 rifle/scope combos for 349.99. I think that is a pretty good deal since I have been looking at them anyway.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The big box power sellers have one thing going for them. Buying power. Gander is browning gold dealer and most likely as a chain store a major buying power.

There are often certain guns that only major buyers get to purchase. I purchased a browning buckmark rifle with carbon fiber barrel at the castleton store and paid 539 for it. That is major money for a 22 rifle. I have never seen another one of them for sale and none of the local shops could even order it. Bradis, Ks&e albro's. crackshot, Bulleyes and the indiana gun club. Nobody else was a "gold" dealer. I called everywhere. Without gold mebership they could not even get one through the distributers.

If we tell everybody not to purchase stuff at the store then the buying power drops and I can't get my specialty guns locally will have to pay the premium off the internet.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    What IndyMonkey said...as far as a good on G27 that price is on $40 of or new price at PSS but when you consider GM regular price on Glocks is 599 then thats a deal.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's all about timing...

You CAN find fantastic deals at Gander Mountain.

It seems, though, that those "Deals" are fewer and farther between than they were 3-4 years ago. Perhaps it's because they're getting more store traffic and people are getting to them before I see them.

Yes, as a general rule, their prices are very high.

But a few examples of deals I've bought:

LNIB 1st Gen P99 9mm...VERY good price
    " " " " P99 .40S&W ... VERY good price
    "" Ruger GP100, blued, 4" bbl, $300
    NIB Marlin Model-60, blued, $129

And I had a H&K P7M8 in my hand...could've bought for $699. But I didn't want to face the wrath of my new wife...

-J-

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I've never bought a gun at GM. I always look when I stop in and I have seen some good prices on some. I mainly shop at GM for their fishing supplies.

paul1968mcr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Carmel
    50 Blazer 115g FMJ 9mm - $19.99, same for the WWB.

That is absolutely ridiculous, they had a box of some mega clean shooting lead free Winchester 9mm for $69.99 for 50......$69.99!!!!!!!!

Plus they want $74.99 to handle a firearm transfer.

I think I can safely say I wont be going back in there again, local Gunshop for me, better prices and friendly service!!

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love going in there just to browse because of the sheer number of items they have. I like the fact that you can "interact" with the long guns without assistance.

I've also picked up a used pistol before in the Indianapolis Castleton store at what I thought was a great price and bought my LCP there on Thanksgiving. Had an issue with the used and the gunsmith was able to get the parts from the manufacturer with no problems or cost to me and it was very quick.

I like just about any place with firearms for sale, so I may not be a good judge. :rolleyes: The big box stores have their place just like the mom & pops...

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I like to use GM as a scale to know the high end of any product I'm looking to buy. If they have it I know I should be able to buy it at !0% lower most anywhere else.

Top Bottom