• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I've heard commercials on Q95 for a Gander ammo sale this weekend. Supposedly "Over $1 Million dollars" worth of ammunition will be available at the two Indy stores. (Yeah, I know......that's really only three bulk packs of Remington Golden bullets and a 25 count box of PDX .45)
    I can't find anything online about it. Has anyone else heard about this?

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I heard the advertisement on the radio today as well. Q95 "personality" Gunner is supposed to be at the Castleton store Saturday promoting it. I saw another INGOer claim to have picked up 1000rds of Remington 9mm for like $260 at GM the other day (bulk case?). If that's true...maybe they have deflated their pricing. :dunno:

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    That was me. A bulk case of 1000 Remington UMC 9mm for $269.99. Just a box and a bag ammo...and one happy camper

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That was me. A bulk case of 1000 Remington UMC 9mm for $269.99. Just a box and a bag ammo...and one happy camper

Good price, very unlike Gander. I was in there over the weekend and they had a ton of ammo on the shelves and there is a reason, it's over priced. Of course all the LGS's i've been to this last week are getting a lot of it in too but same thing, prices are too high.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good price, very unlike Gander. I was in there over the weekend and they had a ton of ammo on the shelves and there is a reason, it's over priced. Of course all the LGS's i've been to this last week are getting a lot of it in too but same thing, prices are too high.

Last time I saw bulk packs of 9mm at Gander it was 350 rounds of Blazer Brass for $119. I'd say an 8 cent per round drop for higher quality ammo is significant. Let's hope this is finally the light at the end of the tunnel.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Gander has been cheaper than most LGS on 5.7 and no limit!

No joke. I picked up a 1000 rounds (split into 500 round, 10 box purchases at 2 stores). With taxes, I paid slightly less than the cheapest I have ever found it online since last year (and that's way cheaper than I've seen it at gun shows).

I'll have to check out this ammo sale. I'm running uncomfortably low on 9mm and wouldn't mind bolstering my stock a bit.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Recently I bought 100 rounds of Winchester .45 ACP at Cabela's for $47. A few days later I was in Gander and they had the same ammo for $64. They also have lot's of guns but priced at the high high end.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    Hmm...Im pretty well stocked up on 9mm, but it never hurts to have more! If I can get my hands on 1000 rds for a decent price, I might have to pull the trigger.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Did anyone confirm that this starts Friday? Friday is when the Greenwood location get's ammo on the shelf. There is usually a line outside on Friday morning to buy all the .22LR up, and most of the time the 9MM is gone before 5PM. The past few weeks they have had 9mm in stock all week, the .22LR is gone the second the doors open on Friday.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Did anyone confirm that this starts Friday? Friday is when the Greenwood location get's ammo on the shelf. There is usually a line outside on Friday morning to buy all the .22LR up, and most of the time the 9MM is gone before 5PM. The past few weeks they have had 9mm in stock all week, the .22LR is gone the second the doors open on Friday.

Sale does start Friday. I'm really hoping they are going to stagger the inventory they put on the shelf instead of throwing everything out there on Friday.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Recently I bought 100 rounds of Winchester .45 ACP at Cabela's for $47. A few days later I was in Gander and they had the same ammo for $64. They also have lot's of guns but priced at the high high end.

Neither of those are good prices.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    last weekend here in eville, they ran an ad and had cci minimag at 7.99 per hundred, and 29.99 per 375 bulkpack, at noon my dad stopped by and asked if they had any, the employee just laughed at him(oh the ad came out friday morning)

so i'd guess the sale will be all weekend, but they are out now. they will do anything to get you in the store.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Here in Lafayette, I was able to get my hands on some mini mags for $7.99/100. That is a reasonable price and this was on a Friday night. They seem to keep ammo more available. There is always .40, .45, and 9mm when I am browsing. It may be ~5-10 cents higher per round, but it is available. Way better than the armslist scams. I agree that GM is usually higher priced, but they also have the best variety of everything. Can't really have one without the other.

strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    i was at GM in lafayette last friday and they had all kinds of ammo. and fairly cheap. the only thing i couldnt find was .22 but they had a ton of 5.56....

Top Bottom