• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    In Indy today, so dropped by GM Casleton, whole lot fo nothing special. sk the clerk if they had ************ not now but drop by for the Grand Opening. No thanks. :dunno:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    They havent re-grand opened yet? I feel like that place has been being remodeled for months.
    Indianapolis
    Date: 04/19/13 - 04/21/13
    Event: Castleton Firearms Super Center Grand Opening Celebration!

Description: Make sure to stop by our Castleton Gander Mountain the weekend of April 19th through the 21st to help us celebrate the introduction of our Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center and fresh new look!

We will be offering up FREE $10.00 Gift Cards to the 1st 100 customers at our Castleton, IN location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 19th, 20th & 21st!

and

FREE Gander Mountain T-shirt to the first 250 customers to make a purchase at our Castleton, IN Gander Mountain on Friday, April 19th!

FREE Gander Mountain Ball Caps to the first 250 customers to make a purchase at our Castleton, IN Gander mountain on Saturday and Sunday, April 20th and 21st!

PLUS!!

Register for a chance to WIN one of THREE $500 Gander Mountain Gift Cards during our Grand Opening Celebration Event!

See flyer for additional details.

The Castleton Gander Mountain is located at:

5702 E 86th Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46250

They can have their grand opening without me, I was there today to buy, not wait.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Gander Mountain is a joke. Their smiths have about as much knowledge of firearms as democrats do about "assault rifles".

Not only are they incompetent, but their corporate headquarters needs to get their head out of their a$$ too. Do a little research and find out why you are not seeing much taxidermy work in their stores anymore. Chances are you will no longer be a customer of this worthless excuse for an outdoor sporting goods store.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    Gander Mountain is a joke. Their smiths have about as much knowledge of firearms as democrats do about "assault rifles".

Not only are they incompetent, but their corporate headquarters needs to get their head out of their a$$ too. Do a little research and find out why you are not seeing much taxidermy work in their stores anymore. Chances are you will no longer be a customer of this worthless excuse for an outdoor sporting goods store.
    Why not tell us about it?

smithy24365

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    I find GM better than Cabullas. BTW i was at bass pro looking for one of the "new at the time " compact 9mm and was told "we don't sell those kind of guns " you know shorter than a 4" barrel . and i replied "How bout that compact Springfield" sure 1100.00 for a pocket 1911 but there to PC to carry a 2 dollar pistol.

I don't need personality to to unlock the case, open the action and hand me a weapon.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Why not tell us about it?

Basically somewhere along the lines in the corporate section of Gander Mountain a decision was made to start removing taxidermy work from it's stores. The decision was made, because the company feels that in the wake of everything going on lately it is too offensive to have mounted animals on display in their stores. They stated that they did not want to convey that sort of image to the public, or be recognized for being responsible for the harvesting of various animals with weapons.

Pretty hypocritical for an "outdoor" store huh?

I heard several rumors, so I decided to check for myself. Not many employees will talk about the situation, but I was able to come across an outraged enough one to fill me in on the details when I asked where all of the animals that had been there previously had gone.

Needless to say...I can find better places to give my money to.

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    rwhitemore, so you're not going to buy from gander because they don't have taxidermy? OK...do you shop at walmart for ammo? most or our LGS dont have taxidermy either. I worked there 2 years ago when they took it all down. The fact of the matter is its to damn hard to clean, and liability is an issue with people drop it off and pick it up. (this is broken and that is stained blah blah blah) now pay to replace it type thing. As for the smiths....they got rid of them 3 years ago...and went to a centralized system. 3 smiths per every 10 stores or so...to hard to keep talented smith across 120 stores. The reason people are all pissy about it is because no one ever wanted to pay to have smith work done....they just wanted to try to talk to them and milk free information. So if you are not going to shop at gander keep it because of real reasons like everyone else...They are to high in price and their associates dont know much....rant over.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    rwhitemore, so you're not going to buy from gander because they don't have taxidermy? OK...do you shop at walmart for ammo? most or our LGS dont have taxidermy either. I worked there 2 years ago when they took it all down. The fact of the matter is its to damn hard to clean, and liability is an issue with people drop it off and pick it up. (this is broken and that is stained blah blah blah) now pay to replace it type thing. As for the smiths....they got rid of them 3 years ago...and went to a centralized system. 3 smiths per every 10 stores or so...to hard to keep talented smith across 120 stores. The reason people are all pissy about it is because no one ever wanted to pay to have smith work done....they just wanted to try to talk to them and milk free information. So if you are not going to shop at gander keep it because of real reasons like everyone else...They are to high in price and their associates dont know much....rant over.

Well that about sums it up. No taxidermy is being removed from the Fort Wayne store, as far as I know. Had to take down an upper bear mount that was in a "I gona freakin eat you" pose, but that was about a year ago.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    The smith @ Gm in castleton was a class "A" jerk! I did report him to corp!
    ( The only time I have reported a person.) Attitude was bad and he didnt want to be there. I bet he got beat up alot as a kid. :D :laugh:

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I overheard a young clerk at the gun counter. . .

explaining to a prospective handgun buyer that the reason GLOCKs are less accurate than metal framed guns is because the polymer frames flex and throw off the shots. He said this with the self-assuredness and confidence that only a grinning idiot can muster!

I almost collapsed from disbelief. Amazing that a company could allow someone so obviously ignorant of firearms to actually be advising someone who is looking to purchase a weapon with which they are planning on defending their lives and the lives of their family.

High prices and morons behind the counter to boot!

BTW, This was at the store in Merrillville, Indiana.

Vanguard.45

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Gander Mountain cost themselves a $1k sale with my buddy. He wanted a parkerized Springfield Loaded. They had one in stock, we left and shopped a few other places but no one had one and he didn't want to wait for an online merchant to deliver before his upcoming vacation.

He went back and he said he waited for almost 30 minutes, no one would give him the gun. No other customers there, he flagged a clerk down and the guy said "just a minute". He waited another 10 minutes and left. On the way out he told the manager they just cost themselves the sale and the manager said he'd get someone to wait on him, but my buddy passed and ordered it from Impactguns online. Saved himself a fuzz over $100, too, but did have to wait on it to be shipped.

Top Bottom