• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    At Gander with a friend of my wife's who wants a Marlin 60 and they bave one at a decent price. Theh say they have to have a phone number and I am arguing the fact due to the thread that was posted here several weeks ago. I cannot access the search feature via my phone and would love to show it to them.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Well the reason is because it is NOT required for a sale. I ha e been through hundreds of firearms transactions with dealers and never had a seller argue with me like the guys at Gander did when I know for a fact that I am correct. The "manager" even said put a fake number down I dont care. So I replied if you dont care that it is fake then tell me why you are asking for it. I also asked to see the space where the federal form required a phone number and he said there wasnt one. So that lead to me saying well then that tells me right there that it isnt required. To whi h he replied again to put a fake one down. My wife even chimed in and said "Honey why don't the other gun shop we buy from ask for our phone number?" And right in front of the "manager" I said "Because they KNOW what they are doing and it isn't required.
    Just one of those things that gets to me... But then it is also gets to me when I post something here and a guy says whats the big deal its just a phone number. The big deal is that it is not required by law and they should be following the law. I have been buying firearms for the last 20+ years and ha e NEVER given my phone number on a federal form and have only gjven my number to Bradis so they could call when my order arrived a.d also to tell me when they had a pistol in stock I was looking for.
    Guess I am just a jackA$$ like that...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I totally agree with Archer. I have purchased several guns over the last 2 months without any issues. Two days ago I went to Walmart looking for ammo and saw a Remington 870 Deer special with Rifled Barrel for $249. We did the paperwork (on a computer) and it came back as a delay. I have a LTCP and have only had this happen one other time, which was at Walmart. I called the next day to check and see if they had received the proceed. The guy said he was going to call but didn't have my number. I saw him write it down before I left. Anyway he said that it was approved. I went later that evening to pick it up and a different guy said he didn't see the proceed. He finally saw the sticky note that was stuck on one of the pages. I did get the Shotgun but what a mess of unprofessionalism. There doesn't seem to be a common practice like there should be. I did give the guy a break as I'm sure he was at least 80 years old.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    The Feds may not want the #, but as the seller they can ask for anything they want.

Yes I know about the thread you are talking about and GM said they didn't want it.

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN
    I'm with you Archer, its a big deal to me too when told I have t do something that isn't required by law. If I have to follow the rules, so do they. I'm not giving them one iota more information than I have to, if they want more they can keep the gun. Have had similar issues with lack of a sales persons knowledge there when trying to buy a youth hunting licence for my daughter, wound up in a mini argument with them that there was such a thing!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    382-5968

If you're clever, look at the dial pad and figure out what 4 and 3 letter words make that up, in that order.

Here's a few hints:
    1. It starts with "F"
    2. It ends with "U"
    3. It has a "ck" in it somewhere.

Top Bottom