• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Oh God...am I the only one where I'd be giving THEM money every payday?!!!

Lol isn't that the truth. I do not believe I could work enough hrs to pay for all my purchases if I were an employee. I'm guessing they get an employee discount. Yeah, that wouldn't be good for me. My will power is not that strong....:D

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not going to defend GM and I have not yet purchased a gun from them because I can find them for less elsewhere. However, I am in the market for a 10/22 and I met a guy last weekend that just picked one up at GM with a synthetic stock for $239.

I think that's about as low as I have seen them lately.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I decided to price an AR at a national chain, using their online site. I checked GanderMountain.com and they have taken down all AR-15s from their site. They have taken all AR-15 magazines off of their from what I can find. They are also listing various black firearms as "tactical firearms."

-2 GM!

GM still has their AR's on the website, just No direct links. If you do a web search for "bushmaster at gander mountain" (or whatever manufacturer you are looking for) the direct links will show up.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The reason they took them off the website is all about creating store traffic. The more people who walk in the door the more they make.

Selling on the web is nice when it is incremental business. Selling from the store is where their juice is. You buy other stuff when your in the store.

Now when they stop selling in stores and online then you can criticize them (or more likely the government).

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure what's going on at the other Gander locations, but Fort Wayne is still getting ammo, mags, and an occasional AR every week. It's like black Friday every Thursday morning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't have an issue with the term 'tactical' being used to describe certain weapons. The word 'assault' is emotionally charged and used to drive opinion, but 'tactical' does not carry the same stigma. I can use 'tactics' to try to get my wife to make something I want for dinner, but I cannot use 'assault' to get my way. I can employ 'tactics' to try do an efficient trip to the grocery store, but if I try to use an 'assault' to speed the trip, I'll probably end up in the pokey.

Calling something tactical is a way better way to group products than calling them assault stuff.

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I agree. At least they aren't gouging apparently.

Not only is GM not gouging, they are still running sales. I just bought some 230 gr. Remington .45 ACP FMJ, regularly priced at $29.99/50, for $24.99. Not exactly a bargain, but it's definitely not "gouging" either.

I stopped giving Dick's my money a long time ago.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    ...I picked up a can of 1600 CCI mini-mags for $100.00 last Thursday...fell into it too as I was just visiting that GM I hadn't ever been to. I received the next to last one they sold that day.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    ...I picked up a can of 1600 CCI mini-mags for $100.00 last Thursday...fell into it too as I was just visiting that GM I hadn't ever been to. I received the next to last one they sold that day.

Me too. And that's exactly the same price I paid 45 days ago from them. :yesway:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I went to the terre haute GM yesterday, hoping they would have a SW sigma I could check out, heck, I made my way to the case one time, couldn't see much for all they guys filling out the background forms, left to find the wife and look around a little and came back, 20 people must have showed up to look in the 10 minutes I was away, I still couldn't get up there! People were just about shoulder to shoulder around the ammo, and they had a .22 AR, at least I figure it was since it was only $300 and still on the shelf...

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Don't be so hasty to jump on GM for this. The one in Lafayette is only getting 4-7 AR-15's a week when they used to get them in batches of 50-60. People still line up at 0600 to get a ticket to buy one when the truck is unloaded every Thursday.

If I were them, I'd take them off the website too. Supply is low enough they can't support it. Their entire stock is running thin.

That is pretty intresting that folks know the delivery schedual.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was in the Region this weekend and my brothers told me that the GM in Merillville is turning into a GunWorld by Gander Mountain or Gander Mountain Gun World...something like that. I know some on here said it looked bare a few weeks back.

That tells me while Dicks is pulling out...GM is going 'all in' on the gun store motif.

TheGlockinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    At least Gm still offers their firearms and ammo online. Dick's has their links on their websites accessible, but they don't make any firearms-related sales online anymore

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I see all the GM love flowing but I am still hesitant to spend my money at the big box stores pending their long term stance on citizens and 2A rights, that being said I am done with Dicks. Never really did like them ever since the brought out Galyans! I will be looking for somewhere else to buy sporting stuff for my sons.

toomuchfun57

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    The public can`t see the real problems, if we just enforced the current laws they would realize trying to disarm law abiding citizens is not the answer...especially the "black guns"

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    When you guys say there is a line for stuff on thursday morning, does that include ammo as well?

I've been to GM 2 of the last 3 Thurs. mornings. Open at 9 got there at 845 first time and was number 41 was able to get 550 rds federal .22 missed out on the 1600 ccis ran out at 20 something. Last week I was there at 820 and was number 30 got 500 rds remington .22 and 350 pmc 9mm but too late on .223 ran out at about 20 people in. Guy at front of line got there bout 730 I think

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    At least Gm still offers their firearms and ammo online. Dick's has their links on their websites accessible, but they don't make any firearms-related sales online anymore

While I found decent prices (for a sporting goods retailer) on firearms at Dicks they are geared towrds the Soccer Mom's and Little league Dads. That is where they make their money so the don't need to sell AR's and national chains want to appease the masses so they will not buck anything they think will offend or go against a national trend. JMHO

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom