• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I decided to price an AR at a national chain, using their online site. I checked GanderMountain.com and they have taken down all AR-15s from their site. They have taken all AR-15 magazines off of their from what I can find. They are also listing various black firearms as "tactical firearms."

-2 GM!

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Dick's has done the same. They had several 30 round mags a couple of weeks ago, but they wouldnt allow anyone to buy them. I went into Dicks last night and asked if they still had the mags in the back and the clerk said no, they had to send back all mags and AR's. He wasnt happy about it either.

It seems to me that these chains are giving in way too easy. Why would you pull a product from the shelves that isnt illegal to sell and now is the time to sell them if you have them. Everyone panics so easily.

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I was in GM yesterday in Castleton and there is a sign right by the front door that they are out of stock on AR-15s and 223/556 ammo. Seems to indicate they don't plan to get any more.

On another note, they are hiring for the gun department if anyone is looking for a job. Might be a fun one.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    They are giving in to quickly. It doesn't really surprise me though. They want to act as if they are being caring. Wonder what the did with them once they got them back? I will bet they aren't losing any money on them!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    friend of mine was in GM in Lafayette yesterday and they had Bushmasters for $999. Hmmmmmmm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Don't be so hasty to jump on GM for this. The one in Lafayette is only getting 4-7 AR-15's a week when they used to get them in batches of 50-60. People still line up at 0600 to get a ticket to buy one when the truck is unloaded every Thursday.

If I were them, I'd take them off the website too. Supply is low enough they can't support it. Their entire stock is running thin.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Don't be so hasty to jump on GM for this. The one in Lafayette is only getting 4-7 AR-15's a week when they used to get them in batches of 50-60. People still line up at 0600 to get a ticket to buy one when the truck is unloaded every Thursday.

If I were them, I'd take them off the website too. Supply is low enough they can't support it. Their entire stock is running thin.

I agree. At least they aren't gouging apparently.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    This is nothing like Dicks. They still sell them, they just aren't bothering with web sales since they can't keep them in stock.

What is wrong with "tactical firearms"? How would you prefer they differentiate? Other retailers have "black rifle" sections on their websites. Geez some people just like to get upset.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Yep. That's me. I like to get upset over everything. :rolleyes:

Let's call them what they are. Firearms are firearms are firearms. It doesn't matter if the have a cylinder with no accessories, or they hold everything including a kitchen sink. It makes no sense to me to call a revolver and a .22LR pistol a "tactical firearm."

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Try looking up .22 ammo on their site. If they do not have it for sale they pull it off the website.

Just this past Tuesday they had a huge gun and ammo sale. We swung thru just to let dad handle a few guns. They had tons off .22 and .223 and other various ammo, but it sold out before 9:45 A.M. I saw one guy checking out with the last 200 rounds of American Eagle 223 at $45 per 100.

CCI minimags $99 for 1600 rounds.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Gander is still carrying AR's and magazines both. Just like every other shop in the country, we can't get any right now. The Greenwood store is actually expanding its gun section to about 2.5 times what it is currently. With that, more guns and ammo will be shipped to the store as it is available. But we are definitely not pulling them from the shelves. We had one come in Thursday but was gone in about 10 minutes, a sig M400. Even though we are a large store, we still can't make guns appear that just aren't available. As for the reason some 22's are listed under "tactical", it is just a heading, nothing more than that. Hope this helps clear things up some.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Gander is still carrying AR's and magazines both. Just like every other shop in the country, we can't get any right now. The Greenwood store is actually expanding its gun section to about 2.5 times what it is currently. With that, more guns and ammo will be shipped to the store as it is available. But we are definitely not pulling them from the shelves. We had one come in Thursday but was gone in about 10 minutes, a sig M400. Even though we are a large store, we still can't make guns appear that just aren't available. As for the reason some 22's are listed under "tactical", it is just a heading, nothing more than that. Hope this helps clear things up some.

Are all the Ganders expanding, or just the Greenwood store? I put in an app online for the Greenwood store, but never heard back. (sigh)

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I stopped by there around 11:30 on Thursday. They had a skid of ammo and there must have been 20 vultures milling around it. They can't even stock the shelves. It's not about what GM is doing. It's about what the customers are doing. Laughable really, they could be charging 2x as much as they are and people would still be waiting on the skid to come out.

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    Im just a dumb kid, but i really dont see an issue with calling a black weapon a tactical weapon. Remington has an 870 called the tactical marine. Looks just like mine except for the stainless action and mag tube extension. Whats the difference?

As for dropping all AR15 stuff.. Im betting the demand is TOO damn high.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    I think Gander Mtn gets criticized unnecessarily. I love their stores and have bought several guns there. Yes sometimes the prices are a little high but I always see 4 or 5 people filling out applications. I generally wait for sales to buy guns because that is when you get the good deals. I'm not a tactical firearm person but I bet nobody sells more semiautos than GM.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom