• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I'm not sure who told you that they are going for that much, but they are being sold for 449.99. I work there and know 100% that that is what we are asking for them. I'm sorry you were given the wrong price. But as for demand, they are impossible to get in. Not as bad as the xd(s) but still not easy.

retiredff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Went to a local shop to buy a S&W AR-15 Sport after looking at them on S&W'w site. This shop could come no where near S&W MSRP! I asked why, he said those prices only go to HIGH volume dealers. He said there is no way he could meet their quota. It seems only the large chains can sell at advertised MSRP. Because he couldn't meet the quota S&W wouldn't make him a dealer! He also said the other gun makers are following suit. It seems the little guy is getting squeezed.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Email a manager, or even better get face to face tell him the price is bogus. Send a serious tone email to the store, and corporate, stating the price dispute. Emails like that do get read.

Last edited:

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was at Gander Mountain this past week and they had the Walther PPS in a .40 cal for $749, Blythes in Valpo was asking $599.

Respectfully, I agree it is great having a free market however simple supply and demand doesn't mean gouge your clientele.

.....just saying. :dunno: Seems to be normal for GM.

This is just FYI, but for the last two weeks the PPS, 9 &.40, have been on sale for $549.00......with night sights.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    This is just FYI, but for the last two weeks the PPS, 9 &.40, have been on sale for $549.00......with night sights.

At Ganger? Not when I was there, I would say that is a sweet deal though! :yesway:

It was $749 at the Merrillville location when I was there and the gentleman at the counter just said "it is what it is" when I asked about the price.
    I will say I have seen some decent pricing on some things like when they had the R1 for $699 or some accesseries that I bought there where cheaper than others. In my profession I drive all accross the region to many different businesses so I have the luxury of stopping by some of the LGSs without a problem. Some other prices I have seen just seem to stand out as semi-ludicrous for whatever reason.

By the way I picked it up for 4.:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That is, or was, the price at the Ft. Wayne Gander. $749.00 is the normal price. The funny thing is it's the same price whether it has night sights or plain. Quirks of a big box......

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Gander does tend to have higher prices than many of the better LGSs, I think that has been beat to death here and in many other forums. One fine example is the Remington golden sabers that I stocked up on for about $11/box, only to find the exact same bow at Gander for over $40. At the same time, it is also Gander that I found my wifes Buckmark pistol in the used cabinet for $150. Its just what you find, and what you are willing to pay for it. I stop in whenever I am in the area, because I never know what I might find, and it is a great place to shop for fishing gear. I will admit that some of the people that GM has working there are complete asshats (like the guy that I heard telling a customer that 10mm was better than 40 because you can shoot both in the same gun, like 38spl&357mag), but on the other hand, I have spoken to some there that are very knowledgeable and try to help the customers as best they can.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I love Gander Mountain, for fishing equipment. Best selection around.

Also go there for ammo I can't find locally. They can't beat online prices or selection, but when I have to factor in shipping and waiting, they're competitive enough if they have it, especially if I'm up that way already.

Guns? Hardly.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom