• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Stopped by Gander to pick up a pocket knife today. The Firearms counter was hopping! Now, I know they don't have the best prices around, but it was nice to see a brisk business. Several women were with their SO, and some handling a gun for the first time (got swept more than once). One was struggling to rack a slide. At least two were getting paperwork completed while I was there. I think there were more women shopping than men!

As we walked away from the counter, my wife was talking about a trip to the range. She hasn't fired my XD yet....

Oh, I bought a little Kershaw Chive for my pocket.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    That's awesome! I love a busy gun store. Hopefully they were paying cash for their guns and not putting it on a Gander Card. Everytime I go there, they really pester me with a credit card app.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I got a new XD at the Greenwood Gander Friday and feel I got a pretty good deal. The "greeter" was not really greating though haha. They tend to not be very busy but one one gun sales guy is worth talking to. My wife was the only woman near the gun's and held mine for a bit.

Last edited:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There's a guy named Dave at the Greenwood Gander who is awesome to talk to. Friendly, knowledgable, and not at all pushy.

The last two times I have talked to him I wanted to scream..... Friday he was same o same oh, Nick came and talked to me and I bought a gun and ammo with him (Nick).

The first time Dave was giving my wife weird "look how smooth I am trying to sell this gun" look's...... I did not know untill she told me.

I will never again attempt to deal with him...... I am also 26..... now some 16 year old kid tire kicking.

I know some people have bad day's but it seem's he has had two with me....... he also tried to talk me into an XD over a GLOCK and said he was "sorry" when I told him that I like GLOCK'S.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    WOW! Maybe it's a different guy. Dave is a common name so maybe there's more than one. I'm 31 so I'm with ya, not somebody just killin time. We talked over a couple visits about shotguns and longguns not hand guns.

Either way, I go there mostly for hunting gear. I haven't bought a firearm there. I'd rather support a place like The Outdoorsman for Archery or Bradis for Firearms.

If it's the same Dave, I'm shocked.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought my P1 (P38) at Gander in Castleton when the prices were good, other than that, I have yet to find anything else I would buy there.

I did see a Nagant pistol there priced the same as the others but it had an MO/date stamp which is a little more collectable. Didn't pick it up as I already have one and don't shoot it much.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    from what i have seen with prices on firearms at gander mt., they might be a couple dollars high on SOME stuff but ill pay it, for the convieniace of what i want being on the shelf almost every time when i go to get it. no order crap. you might be able to save a couple dollars if you shop around but while you are shopping for a better deal ill be haveing fun shooting mine. convieniace to me it worth a couple dollars. on the other hand, i will never buy ammo there, there prices are some of the highest ive seen. go figure, caint have your cake and eat it too.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Sounds like you had a better experience then i did a few weeks ago. I walked in and 3 very interesting looking rough guys in there late 20s all tatted up and gauged up were having their "girlfriend" buy them a gun. I knew because she kept asking what kind of ammo do you want? and do you want any holsters? "I don't care I wont be shooting it" and the gander people just kept running the paper work for her. I mentioned it to one of the sales clerks and he said "that really isn't any of our business"....I left immediately.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    WOW! Maybe it's a different guy. Dave is a common name so maybe there's more than one. I'm 31 so I'm with ya, not somebody just killin time. We talked over a couple visits about shotguns and longguns not hand guns.

Either way, I go there mostly for hunting gear. I haven't bought a firearm there. I'd rather support a place like The Outdoorsman for Archery or Bradis for Firearms.

If it's the same Dave, I'm shocked.

Taller skinier guy grayish hair?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    They are one of the only Browning gold dealers in the area. Sometimes I want a Gold dealer exclusive gun. They are the only store to get them. The last one I wanted was the buckmark rifle with carbon fiber barrel. I backed out on cost 538 dollars. I wish i could go back in time because it is the only one I have ever seen in person.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    all of the guys at gander mountain have always had an "i dont have time attitude" when ive went in there. the other day i waited 25 minutes at the gun counter starring at the employees before i was even said hello to! yes they were busy but how hard is it to say "hi, someone will be with you soon" ??? and their price match guarentee is a joke!! they call other dealers from their store number and ive had one dealer refuse to give them a price. Ive spent a lot of money on guns at gander mountain when i just couldnt get something i wanted somewhere else, but i can tell you that was THE LAST DAY i will EVER shop at gander mountain in Greenwood again!! Not to mention their gun staff are a bunch of idiots that dont know crap about the guns they are selling.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    all of the guys at gander mountain have always had an "i dont have time attitude" when ive went in there. the other day i waited 25 minutes at the gun counter starring at the employees before i was even said hello to! yes they were busy but how hard is it to say "hi, someone will be with you soon" ??? and their price match guarentee is a joke!! they call other dealers from their store number and ive had one dealer refuse to give them a price. Ive spent a lot of money on guns at gander mountain when i just couldnt get something i wanted somewhere else, but i can tell you that was THE LAST DAY i will EVER shop at gander mountain in Greenwood again!! Not to mention their gun staff are a bunch of idiots that dont know crap about the guns they are selling.

They have not even been busy when I was looking...... one or two would just be walking around playing with something.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    sounds like greenwood GM is full of special people. ill never go there just from the stories i read on here. castleton store always treats me well. usually i have to tell several of them that i am just looking and dont need help at the moment. never had a bad expireance there.

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    Don't forget to check out the used guns when you go into a Gander store -- not all of the 'buyers' know what they have and some good deals can be found now and then. A buddy picked up a smoothbore Remington off the used gun rack for $138 otd!!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Don't forget to check out the used guns when you go into a Gander store -- not all of the 'buyers' know what they have and some good deals can be found now and then. A buddy picked up a smoothbore Remington off the used gun rack for $138 otd!!

They had a used full tactical Mossberg 500 for $300, it was gone the next day. Not a steal of a price but pretty fair...... if you look hard enough you can get them used for around that price. $200 range I am sure I would have snatched it up.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    Stopped by Gander to pick up a pocket knife today. The Firearms counter was hopping! Now, I know they don't have the best prices around, but it was nice to see a brisk business.

Well, like me, they must know where to put that tax refund check! I bet there are a lot of first time buyers this year. Makes me happy to see so many people exercising their 2nd Amendment rights!!!:ar15:

Top Bottom