Gander Mountain Sucks...but maybe not today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Brookside Park
    Went to Gander in Hassleton for the first and last time of my life a few weeks ago.

Prices sucked, guy behind counter had forearm tattoo that said "Redneck Romeo". They coulda had a brand new Glock 19 for $300 and I wouldnt have bought it, because I woulda had to speak to that douchebag.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The guy who made your burger at your favorite fast food restaurant had a similar tattoo.. But I guess, since you couldnt see it, everything was fine with that burger...

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    It just screams DOUCHEBAG

Hate to be the one to say it, but so does bashing someone elses tattoos. unless it is demoralizing to someone else, it is their body. That may have sentimental meaning to him and you should not judge how he has chosen to express himself.

I have a devil on my arm, most people look at it and think im a hooligan or what have you, actually it has meaning to me, its a icon that has been passed around between me and a close-knit group of friends.

Considering all this, I work in the medical field, if I was saving your family members life, would you stop me because i have a "distasteful" (according to you) tattoo?

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Brookside Park
    Hate to be the one to say it, but so does bashing someone elses tattoos. unless it is demoralizing to someone else, it is their body. That may have sentimental meaning to him and you should not judge how he has chosen to express himself.

I have a devil on my arm, most people look at it and think im a hooligan or what have you, actually it has meaning to me, its a icon that has been passed around between me and a close-knit group of friends.

Considering all this, I work in the medical field, if I was saving your family members life, would you stop me because i have a "distasteful" (according to you) tattoo?

The guy is a diucgebag, end of story.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I hit up the Gander Mountain in Greenwood earlier this week, and was in and out in quickly, and had a great experience. Picked up a new SR9c for the wife as aweel as a Ruger American Rifle in .22. Plenty of ammo on the shelf for everything I bought. Going back Saturday for one more (the Ruger is a bit too big for the daughter). I've been to the other stores before (Bradis, BGF), and they're nice and the service is ok, but maybe I'm just more comfortable with Gander. To each their own I guess.

lava dog 1/3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    indianapolis
    Galyans had a much better feel. Gander tries hard to suck the weekend yuppies in. And it seems to work. Give me the old wooden floors that creak and crack when you walk around. Much more hometown feel.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The other day a saw a guy paid a ridiculous price for a Sig rifle, I did not feel bad for him as he asked some questions like he knew about AR's but at same time was getting raped with the price (he needs to improve his research skills).

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Did the Gander Mountain trip Tuesday and found a bunch of handgun ammo for sale and no one there to buy it. I got a 500 round brick of Federal 22 LR 40 grain for 24.90 plus sales tax. 26.64 total or about 0.053 cents a shot. It wasn't as cheap as a few years ago but nothing like the 200.00 guys were charging just a few months ago. I also shopped clothing, winter boots and camping gear. You don't find that stuff at the Camby gun store.

EddieCar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    I hit up the Gander Mountain in Greenwood earlier this week, and was in and out in quickly, and had a great experience. Picked up a new SR9c for the wife as aweel as a Ruger American Rifle in .22. Plenty of ammo on the shelf for everything I bought. Going back Saturday for one more (the Ruger is a bit too big for the daughter). I've been to the other stores before (Bradis, BGF), and they're nice and the service is ok, but maybe I'm just more comfortable with Gander. To each their own I guess.

I was there same time as you were. I picked up a used Glock 19 rtf2 for 399.99.

There are some good deals and some horrible ones Pick and choose.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    They've been running some really decent deals on .22LR as of late. When I called, they actually still had some in stock! I nearly fainted. :)

willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    I was just in there For some chest waders and picked up some .22 at a decent price for a guy at work that I have been pulling into the firearms world. I was perusing the firearms counter, saw a guy looking at a basic mini 14 and about hit the floor when I saw the $1000 price tag. Deals are hit or miss there. I pick up a new Ruger Blackhawk 5.5" .45 Colt for $450. Just got to watch for them.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I send friends and coworkers there who want a gun but don't know a lot about guns. The staff at the Evansville store has always been friendly and helpful to me. They can buy a warranty and the store has that "rugged outdoors" feel without the gun toting loud mouth intimidation you see at a few gun shops. Plus some of their prices really aren't bad at all if you catch a good sale price. Kinda like going to Best Buy. Walk in with an idea of what you want, you walk out with something you want, although you may not know everything about it.

I bought a Ruger LC9 there myself when all my usual local gun shops had none in stock and couldn't order any.

That said, I usually go through the Right To Bear Arms gun shop in Haubstadt. Excellent staff and owners there. Can't say enough good things about 'em.

Top Bottom