• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    I HATE Gander Mt. I only ever would go to the one in Terre Haute with my father in law. I like to stand around the ammo and let other people shopping for ammo that they can get it a ton cheaper just a short drive away.

I was at a Rural King in Vincennes one day and they had a value pack of .40 for $32 that I passed on. The very next day I saw the same box at GM for $64. You would save more money to drive 45 minutes to get the same ammo even after you pay for gas.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I never ever thought of going into gander mountain because I just had this thought in the back of My mind that they were a ripp-off. So what did I get for Christmas......A freaking Gift Card from Gander Mountain. Man, I am so bummed

GlockMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    GM had a flyer in the paper today. Their ammo is buy one box get one 50% off right. Probably one of the best ammo deals you will see there.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I go to GM for fun, handle a few guns, ask questions they should know the answers, then say, why are you $200 higher or something like that.

Then I ask for the manager and tell him thanks for the laughs..... my life is boring.....

I have not yet purchased a gun or ammo from them......

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I have used GM in Castleton for blueing an older 410 that we don't use any more. It was pretty badly pitted but it was passed down a generation or two and wanted to clean it up a little. They did a great job for a very fair price.

Also, on the price matching front. It was all I could do not to let the guy who was dropping 50 dollars on 100 rounds of 9mm ammo 115grain to stop by walmart instead. That same ammo would have cost him $24. He was tied up with his new 9mm gun purchase and I am pretty sure the sales guy would have used the gun in me if I had opened my mouth.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I got the GM at Evansville to do a price match on a compound bow just before Christmas. There was a local shop that was advertising this bow for $199 & GM was selling it for over $400, The guy there said they could match the price but set up & tuning was not included.(I think I had him in a panic)
    I have not tried to do it on ammo because I buy my ammo at gun shows or on line. Everything that is advertised around here is way too high.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    GM had a flyer in the paper today. Their ammo is buy one box get one 50% off right. Probably one of the best ammo deals you will see there.

If you read the fine print, this sale is only on"selected" varieties. I took the bait(sorta bored while wife was in walmart) and found a small display in the middle of aisle with shopworn,extremely overpriced,mostly hollow points ammo. No sale:noway:

mathews28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    gm

Gander mountain serves one purpose only and that is to finger the guns till you find one you like then go order from your small local guy.

Top Bottom