• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I went over there today just to check out the store. The firearms section is HUGE. They had racks and racks of ammunition and a big selection of accessories as well. They must have about tripled the size of footprint allocated to firearms and added many, many counter folks. Impressive.

For the Ammo Zombies - they didn't have all that many 22s, 9mm or 45acp so relax.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    Gander in Greenwood had every case full of guns. Rifle rack was full too. Hardly any handgun ammo other than some self defense. There was some boxes of .22lr Federal Match but the gougers left it alone since it cost $15 for a box of 50.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I visited the Greenwood Gander, and it's unbelievable the selection they have now! I thought it was good a month ago. The had quite a few used pistols too. Seems like there are a number of good gun stores in my area. Lucky me! :)

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Went there yesterday and it was pretty disappointing. 75% of the stock is Bolt guns and Revolvers, What 1911's and Semi's they had where insanely nice, though. I want SIG now more than ever.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Gander will price match IF the exact same item is IN STOCK at a real store within 50 miles.

Castleton did get over 200 used guns and over 1500 new guns a week ago. Look carefully, the tags were not done by someone who knows very little about guns. There are pistols marked "308" and rifles marked "380", even saw a CZ P07 marked "17HMR" and "18 inch barrel" and on and on...
    Make sure you check out what you are buying. Some of the guns are NOT hi-cap! There are a few "tactical" 22s with 10 round mags and fixed stocks that look like adjustable stocks. There were/are a couple M&P pistol with 10 round mags instead of the 17 or 15s. And yes, some of the prices are all over the place. Think about it, getting almost 2000 guns would be a huge challenge for any store. Stuff happens.

Right now ammo hits the floor on Friday mornings. Limits will vary based on what they get. Castleton got TONS of rifle and shotgun ammo this week. No, its not as exciting as handgun or the hot ones like 223/5.56 but if you are looking for less common rounds, they might have it. 22 hornet, 30 luger, 454 casul, 480 ruger, 460 s&w, 500 s&w, 16ga shotgun, you get the idea.

The isles should stay put now that the floors are done. During the remodel, they were moved every night and put back anywhere handy. They are even labeled now! I wish they were numbered but labeled is better than nothing.

The pistol cases are also labeled! Not alphabetical like you might expect, but you get some indication of where the major players are located. Sadly the BIG signs on the awning above the long guns DO NOT match anything. Just some names splashed up there. However the long guns are from left to right, center fire, rimfire, tactical then shotgun. They ARE labeled on the edge of the racks.

No idea why I got all long winded on this. Not making excuses, castleton is still a mess, but some things are improving. Like has already been said, they have more selection than pretty much anyone right now.

Last edited:

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    Stop by the castleton store today. Was really impress with the Gun Inventory but I thought the prices seem high. Above the MRSP on some.

Top Bottom