• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    The mega-retail store is never my first choice when I want to buy, but if you want it now, Gander Mountain in Castleton just got in over 1500 guns. All the most popular and a few you see less of like EAA, Armalite, Stoeger, Magnum Research. They had tons of Sig, Glock, S&W, Beretta, Kimber, FNH, Ruger, Springfield. They even had a few Para Ordnance and STI. Not a lot of markup that I noticed compared to the panic pricing of late (I guess that's one advantage of being a mega store). I didn't pay much attention to the long guns, but those shelves were full also. They've recently remodeled and more then doubled the gun dept.
    anyway just an FYI if you're lookin.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I was just there a few days ago and was amazed at the new layout and huge selection. The prices also seemed to be a little more reasonable on some things. A Nagant revolver, for example, was only $140. Still higher than many online retailers, but after factoring in shipping and a transfer that's competitive. Saw a few ARs with pre-panic prices as well.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was in there Saturday afternoon, and the handgun selection was pretty impressive. I looked the Glocks over pretty well...no G26. They had a 29 and 33 for sub compacts, and most of the full size models.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They do have 9mm shields. Tons of guns that is for sure. Still no ammo though and for some reason they spread the ammo shelves all across the back of the store.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They do have 9mm shields. Tons of guns that is for sure. Still no ammo though and for some reason they spread the ammo shelves all across the back of the store.

They probably want to make sure no one goes Arnold on them and loads up on the spot in order to take out the employees. :D

Dicks in the Fort would not even let me carry my rifle or my ammo to the checkout counter and then the door. I was only given the items at the door as I was ready to step out.

This was before their Black Friday betrayal, of course. I have not purchased anything from them since that infamous event.

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I'm not from the Castleton area, but I was in the area the other day and had a great conversation with one of their firearms employees. I believe his name was Ken. We chatted for almost a half hour on CC and the legal aspects of it. He seemed like a great guy willing to engage his customers instead of just answering mindless questions and moving on.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Did you specifically see a Glock 26, S&W Shield 9mm or PF9?

Don't know about the Glock or S&W, but they didn't have a PF9 (I was looking for one). In fact, I'm not sure I saw any Keltecs at all, except maybe a used P3AT in the used section.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The selection was pretty impressive, they even had some 9mm and .45 fmj hanging around but a lot sold while I was there. I did pick up a Beretta M84F .380 for 299.00 though. It's got some finish wear but seems fine.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    I was in GM last night and was impressed with the number of gun they had - new and used. No M&P Shields (I asked).
    Not a lot of handgun ammo, except for revolvers. The only .22 they had were birdshot rounds.

Top Bottom