• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got a Gander Mountain gift card for Christmas and just went there to see if there was anything I could use. I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to pay their prices even if it's really not money coming out of my pocket. Looked as speed loaders for my revolver... $14.99 for what I can pick up at a gun show for 6 or 7 bucks. Bullet boxes for my reloading? $4.99 for 50 round boxes that I can pick up elsewhere for $1.50-2.50. Okay, maybe a clay target thrower... $129 for one comparable to what I can get at Walmart for $40 - $50. Okay, maybe a "cheap" double rifle case? Nope... cost more than the rifles I'd be using them for. Okay, how about the clothing clearance racks... gotta be something there, right? Ha! I'm sorry... 30 bucks for a pair of cargo shorts isn't "clearance" priced. I have a feeling I'm going to have this card for quite awhile... :( Hopefully it doesn't expire!

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I had the exact same problem as you have. I had a very large one as a corporate gift...took me 4 months and then I finally just bought a rifle (a bolt action 308 for long range plinking - I probably wouldn't have bought with my own money).

Just buy something you don't "need" then it is more like a gift and the higher price doesn't bug you as much...at least worked for me :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had the exact same problem as you have. I had a very large one as a corporate gift...took me 4 months and then I finally just bought a rifle (a bolt action 308 for long range plinking - I probably wouldn't have bought with my own money).

Just buy something you don't "need" then it is more like a gift and the higher price doesn't bug you as much...at least worked for me :):

Yeah, if it were a bigger one (it's only $25) it would be easier, although I'd still probably have to hold my nose to use it. :): Every once in awhile they'll have something on sale that I might actually want, so I guess I'll just have to wait for that to happen.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    Use it for fishing tackle.
    That's what I use mine for.
    Most stores charge about the same prices for fishing gear.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I got $100 for GM as a Christmas present and was able to get 200 rounds of .40 winchester JHP with it, not bad for GM. They do price match if you can prove the price.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Use it for fishing tackle.
    That's what I use mine for.
    Most stores charge about the same prices for fishing gear.
    I thought about that, but I really don't need any fishing tackle. I've got rods and reels that I don't even use.

I'll find something eventually. If nothing else I'll wait until they put their gun cabinets on sale again and apply the gift card toward that. Of course I'd have to find a place to put another gun cabinet... :):

MrBBQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I had the exact same problem. Got a $100 gift card for Christmas. Thought I'd go up there for a new pair of hiking boots... but of course they only had two pairs in a 13 and I didn't like either.

Went back tonight and after waling around for an hour and getting mad at all the prices, I got myself a pair of northface zip-off pants/shorts and a new maglite.

I hate Gander Mountain.

Top Bottom