• AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Libya: U.S. Tomahawk Cruise Missiles Hit Targets in Libya - ABC News

Page 1, bottom paragraph, heading: Gadhafi Defiant

Gadhafi warned the international coalition Friday not to interfere in Libyan affairs, calling the U.N. resolution "invalid" and appealing directly to world leaders, including President Obama, in a letter.
    "Libya is not yours. Libya is for the Libyans," he said in the letter. "If you had found them taking over American cities with armed force, tell me what you would do."
    To imply that OUR government has the authority to quell a revolution with genocide, for the sake of it's own survival, is sick.

This is why 2nd amendment rights are so important.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    The revolution in Libya is just and way overdue and it's about time the UN (and France) get off their ass and get involved. I mean, really involved. Unfortunately, the good 'ol US of A will get blamed as the primary force whether we are or are not. We have broad shoulders last time I checked. I know our troops do and may they be protected and prevail at whatever level of involvement they find themselves.

The freedom fighters, rebels, revolutionaries, a la resistance or whatever they are called have the "will" to fight (AND win) against tyranny, oppression and internal genocide. Having the will trumps having crappy weapons and being poorly supplied, but things are a changin'.

It helps that there is oil under their boots. If not, no go. Yeah, it's like that. Ask Burma, Tibet and a few others.

Genocide should always trigger a response from the world and in this case, Gadhafi is using a reverse propaganda blame game. It won't work. Saddam Hussein did the same thing. It must be a middle east dictator thing.

The world is watching........

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To imply that OUR government has the authority to quell a revolution with genocide, for the sake of it's own survival, is sick.

This is why 2nd amendment rights are so important.
    This is why I oppose mandatory training and other forms of gun control.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah, I guess with the Dems, it's not war they're against; it's war started by a Republican they're against. Of course, I see that Obama used the "Clinton" option to prosecute this war...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And, of course, as soon as we hit Libya, the Arab League denounced our use of force as "too much". My wife made me change the channel; said it wasn't good for me to be shouting at the TV - and it scared the cats, too. As far as I'm concerned, if the Arabs want a "No-Fly Zone" in Libya, they can do it themselves...

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This whole Libya thing seems to be going down kind of like the last 1.4 seconds of that Pitt/Butler game. Everyone seems kind of inept and clueless and caught off guard...like hey, how'd we end up here? What were we supposed to be doing again?

In other news, it appears Obama isn't totally inept. Have you seen his bracket?

Top Bottom