• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe since the Constitution doesn't authorize the Feds to do mental health, and no one made an amendment, the States could have taken over.
    It's not like it was the Feds or nothing.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So you don't believe that killing the MHSA didn't have a HUGE hand in "emptying our mental health institutions"....good for you. But if the links provided weren't trustworthy enough for you, simply type "Reagan mental health policy" into any search engine you deem worthy.

I'll see you a "Reagan mental health policy" and raise you an "aclu mental health institutions."
    Fact: Starting in the 1960s, it became fashionable among those who "know better" to consider the mentally ill not really afflicted, but only "different" and even possibly saner than society at large.
    Oh, and Reagan's role consisted only of signing legislation as Governor of California that was propelled by liberal Democrats doing the bidding of mainly the ACLU, not as president.
    It's greatly amusing how you're blaming Reagan, dead and in the ground for twelve years, conveniently avoiding the role that mainly liberals had in eviscerating institutions rather than reforming them, all so that the severely afflicted can enjoy sleeping on grates and in window wells, though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok. She is leveraging her brain-damaged victimness to replace the paycheck and notoriety that she lost as part of the violence inflicted on her by a psycho with a gun.

What the hell else is she going to do for a living?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, a dude with a gun kinda ruined her day job.

Or, made her over-qualified, depending on your view of Congress.

Yeah, sure. She could blame the dude. Or, she can blame the gun. I think there's more money for her and her husband in the latter than there is if she became a mental health activist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

Indeed.

Compared to her anti-gun activism, her mental health activism appears to be non-existent. Given all the datapoints, I'm gonna go with the Leadeye edict: follow the money. She blames the gun because, income.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Compared to her anti-gun activism, her mental health activism appears to be non-existent. Given all the datapoints, I'm gonna go with the Leadeye edict: follow the money. She blames the gun because, income.

Ding-Ding-Ding............................Winner

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What the hell else is she going to do for a living?

What would you or I do in this situation....????

Walk out to the mail box each month to get that disability check since I annually pay premiums for LT disability in case I cannot work anymore.

Rework my lifestyle and living expenses so we can live on one spouse's income. While her Rocket Man hubby no longer has a government funded vehicle I would imagine he is well educated enough to find a way to make a living.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Walk out to the mail box each month to get that disability check since I annually pay premiums for LT disability in case I cannot work anymore.

Rework my lifestyle and living expenses so we can live on one spouse's income. While her Rocket Man hubby no longer has a government funded vehicle I would imagine he is well educated enough to find a way to make a living.

Bingo

Top Bottom