• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Perhaps. But it's also possible that if the 2-3% swing voters had as much information on the Kenyan as they did on McCain, they would have decided that McCain was a better man to sit in the Oval Office.

Better man? At least the Democrats can argue that they didn't know and the charges really haven't been proven. Not so, the Republicans. Best they have is that they don't care that McCain sold his influence while a member of Congress. That pretty much puts the nails in the coffin of the Republicans as the Rule of Law, personal accountability, honesty and honor party.

Regardless, as it relates to the Obama, if he is not a natural born citizen (and the meaning hasn't changed that much), then his only other means of being a citizen is to become naturalized. ...

No, birthright status "came about" well before the authors of the Constitution dipped their feather quill in the ink well. Birthright citizenship is as old as the Romans at least.

Actually while the common use of the word may not have changed, the issue has never been adjudicated, and as such has not been decided in a legal sense. There was a law suit filed about Barry Goldwater, but he lost, so it was dropped. It came up because John McCain was not born in the United States, but Obama agreed not to pursue the issue. Legally the meaning of "natural born" is still completely in limbo. I posted a link addressing this earlier in the thread.

... I figure a greater percentage of the naturalized citizens are better patriots than the natural born ones.

I'm with you on that one, though we might not agree on just who we're talking about.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    All the discussion in the world won't change the decision that was just handed down by the court. Case dismissed. The plaintiffs have no case and no evidence and there is no law to support their claims. Time to move on from nonsense and address the real issues that he might be guilty of.

Judge: Obama eligible to be Georgia candidate *| ajc.com

Farrar-Welden-Swensson-Powell v Obama - Judge Malihi Final Decision - Georgia Ballot Challenge - 2/3/2012

Well that just takes all the fun out this thread. :(

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Soooo uhhhh, if he is born here, regardless of his parent's citizenship, he's a citizen right?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    But the question is was he born here? Answer maybe, maybe not, there's no proof other some photoshop of a birth cert

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Soooo uhhhh, if he is born here, regardless of his parent's citizenship, he's a citizen right?

I used to think that was in the Constitution, but I've since learned that it was a controversial court decision. I don't, however, know the details.

Top Bottom