• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    I couldn't find a thread about this, if there is one please link me to it.

I am pondering getting a conversion kit. Mostly so I can afford to shoot more. I understand the differences in recoil and return to target. I know it will not be the most effective training, I am looking for more fun for my buck. Any opinions before I drop $200-$250? Anyone have one I could "rent" for a day?

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I couldn't find a thread about this, if there is one please link me to it.

I am pondering getting a conversion kit. Mostly so I can afford to shoot more. I understand the differences in recoil and return to target. I know it will not be the most effective training, I am looking for more fun for my buck. Any opinions before I drop $200-$250? Anyone have one I could "rent" for a day?

I am only aware of a few offerings for Glock Pistols:

Ciener: JAC Hand Gun Conversion Kits

Advantage Arms: Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: Glock Conversion Kits

Tactical Solutions: TSG-22 Conversion for Glock Pistols | Tactical Solutions ***

*** sadly, they only list this as compatible with the G22 or G17, though with a Lone Wolf dust cover extension (Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Dust Cover 1 - $54.95), this might work on a G19.

I have not used any of these. The AA kit has a very good reputation and the TS products I have actually used have been first rate. I know nothing about the Ciener conversion but I know plenty about the company and I would run the other direction. Rapidly.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Get the AA kit. I have one for my Glock 27 and it has functioned very well and is an excellent training tool. You wll likely drop about $275 or so. There are a few shops in Indy that have them (picked mine up at Plainfield Shooting Supply) , and believe some folks here on INGO from out of the area have purchased the AA kit from them and had them ship it. The AA kits can be difficult to find in stock online.

Last edited:

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have an Advantage for my G19, which I also picked up from PSS. I was looking for one for awhile when I finally stumbled on a pile of them there.

It's not just for fun - you are still shooting your Glock and can practice your fundamentals - especially trigger control. It's just not as loud and doesn't kick as hard, but it's not like 9mm is that bad anyway. It only takes a few seconds to swap out the 9mm slide for the .22 slide, so I'll usually throw in a few rounds of 9mm here and there so I don't get start getting lazy with my grip. You still have to do everything right to hit, and you're using your real trigger.

It's a bit picky about ammo, but it loves the cheap Remington Golden 525/550 value packs. After the first few hundred rounds, I haven't had any issues with anything they recommend.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    Got an AA kit for my G26. It works great and I definitely recommend getting one, just make sure you use the ammo they recommend. I've put about 300 rounds through mine.

I'll second the previous comment about using Remington Golden 525 value packs, they are recommended by AA and work perfectly. Federal 22 bulk pack doesn't work at all (and they are NOT recommended by AA).

Also, make sure you pick up additional magazines, they are pretty cheap ($15-$20 each).

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I paid $240 for my AA kit and I love it. Keep it well lubed and use golden bullets. 2000+ rounds with only occasional duds.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I lucked out and found my AA kit after looking for about a month. I went to my lgs and found a glock 26 kit. I told the owner if it was a glock 19 kit I would have bought it. A week later there sat the 19 kit. I had to buy it before someone else did. The 26 kit is still there teasing my. I may have to give it a good home too.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Stay away from Ceiner, I love his AR/M16 kits, and my Glock kit from his is great, but the man doesnt have good customer serive at all. and thats an understatment. That being said, AA kits are the cats meow, never have tried the tac sol ones

TR1032

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    I have an AA kit for my G17. I picked it up a few years ago before they became very hard to find. I use the recommended ammo and it has functioned perfectly.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I lucked out and found my AA kit after looking for about a month. I went to my lgs and found a glock 26 kit. I told the owner if it was a glock 19 kit I would have bought it. A week later there sat the 19 kit. I had to buy it before someone else did. The 26 kit is still there teasing my. I may have to give it a good home too.
    Why not acquire a glock bottom half? They can be purchased.

Top Bottom