• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    Have you ever replaced the recoil spring?

It might be worth swapping in a fresh one of those if you're going to be ordering parts.

I would suggest a recoil spring along with a trigger spring.. Just changed a trigger spring out on a very early Gen 2 19 yesterday (first one I've encountered that was broken) .. All the parts are cheap and worth the price to preserve your reliability.

[FONT=&amp][/FONT]

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Found an old extractor in my toolbox. Runs like a champ now. I'm good until 2035 or so.

Might be worth adding a few more parts to the tool box. Or having it gone through by a Glock armorer, and just asking him to provide you back any of the original replaced springs/parts as keepers/spares.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nice to know you got it fixed, made me think about my own parts stash, shoot I better get some more spares in as I have only had a slide lock spring break once when a friend was shooting my Glock-27.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Might be worth adding a few more parts to the tool box. Or having it gone through by a Glock armorer, and just asking him to provide you back any of the original replaced springs/parts as keepers/spares.

I've been a Glock armorer for about 15 years now, off and on. I didn't always stay current. I don't do it any more cause it's not worth it to me to do it over and over just to be able to order parts cheaper. It's not like massive changes have been made in the design since 1988.

I'll post some pics of it. It just closely resembles a Glock, though. Don't expect anything impressive.

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    That's a great life for a gun! I bet you could find the extractor out there somewhere. I know there are places that sell parts that have been specifically discontinued. It may be a little more expensive for obvious reasons, but if you do your homework I think you could find it somewhere. Also, congrats on having it live that long!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's a great life for a gun! I bet you could find the extractor out there somewhere. I know there are places that sell parts that have been specifically discontinued. It may be a little more expensive for obvious reasons, but if you do your homework I think you could find it somewhere. Also, congrats on having it live that long!
    See post #20 :whistle:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Your 25 year old glock broke after 70k rounds? Sell that POS and get a reliable 1911. Geez dude.

Ha Ha...hilarious! 1911's are still functioning just fine from WWII...my wife's paternal grandfather still has his Ithica!

A revolver wouldn't have broke an extractor.

My back-up is a SP101 in .357 magnum...purchased new in December 1994...still reliable...love it!

I have a pair of Gen II Glocks...both purchased NIB in October of 2010! The G-19 was born in February of 1992 and the G-23 was born in April of 1995...love them both...great shooters...definitely keepers! My EDC is a Glock 36...love the .45 acp round...but also love having a 9mm and a .40 in the stable!

Top Bottom