• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I've been daily carrying my G19 for a little over 20 years. Probably got somewhere around 70k rounds through it.

Today, the extractor broke on me-first thing to ever go wrong. Apparently I need the old one that is no longer in production?? It's a Gen2, manufactured in Jan, 1990, so it's almost ready to turn 26. I bought it used in '94.

Anyone know of a local source for an old extractor in Indy?

I can send it back to Glock but I was hoping to just go pick one up tomorrow.

I hope it can be fixed. I can't afford to be buying a brand new Glock every 25 years!!!:xmad:

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    If it is the original 90 degree extractor (I think that's correct), I am pretty sure Glock has to alter or replace the slide to the newer angle. Good luck on finding the older model though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very cool! Good to know that mine has lots of life left in it! Heck I'll be into my 50's or close when mine goes down according to your life. Mine will hopefully have a much higher round count though... It should at this rate at least! Hopefully you'll get it worked out and running again after so much life out of it I'm sure you don't wanna let it go. You can get the part!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Have you ever replaced the recoil spring?

It might be worth swapping in a fresh one of those if you're going to be ordering parts.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Have you ever replaced the recoil spring?

It might be worth swapping in a fresh one of those if you're going to be ordering parts.

I think that's a good idea. I was going to just replace everything in the slide. I understand that there's an upgrade available from Glock. I just dont' know if I want to have it gone for a couple of months.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Top Bottom