• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DiamProducer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Anderson
    Ok guys I just got a G17 from a member on here yesterday. It is a Gen1 and has major slide wear. I am thinking of getting it refinished. Now my question is do I just redo the slide black or go a little crazy with it. I want to have it done at a site sponsor so Nash or Hoosier Gun Coat, are there any others around? Also I need so help deciding what to do. I like the diff shades of blue, but also wouldn't be opposed to something crazy. No flames or anything, just a frame color and a slide color. Please post me some ideas. Wouldn't mind making this a really good looking gun.
    Thanks for the help!!

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Both the guys that you listed are good at what they do. If you wanted straight black, Nash would be the way to go, and I think he specializes more in standard colors and things. Hoosier Gun Coat, from the pics I've seen, does some other work and can go as wild and crazy as you'd like.

Me, I'd stick with one of those two. There are others who do it, but they're my picks..

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I can personally attest to the quality of Cory's work. Welcome to Nash Gunwerx

I've never had Hoosier Gun Coat refinish anything for me but I wouldn't hesitate to, as he's a super nice guy, INGO Sponsor, and the work he's shown off on the site looks G2G.

As for ideas. . . . .

I personally like the two-tone stainless slide / black frame look. But that isn't exactly "crazy".

I saw an "Arctic G21" done in all bright white once that was kinda cool.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I picked up my G23 and it had a lot of slide wear but a perfect frame. I had the slide refinished in OD green and I really like it. It's the reverse of my G19 which has an OD green frame and black slide.

DiamProducer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Anderson
    Good ideas guys! Keep em coming! I like the chrome idea but don't want to get into that much money, and I am making my 26 slide black chrome. Again keep the ideas coming.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    DSCN0487.jpg

I hope you find this picture as hilarious as I do. This picture gives me three opportunities to show off the following:

1. Our newly refinished countertops in moonstone.
    2. My wife's favorite decorative pot holder. I hope she doesn't see this picture or she'll be mad I put my "dirty ugly gun" on her precious owl.
    3. Behold, the power of the Golden Glock. Das Glock Über Alles. One Glock to Rule Them All!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Remeber if you are refinishing the slide it has to be sand blasted or something simular to remove the outer finish. The melonite coated slide is as strong as they come and you shouldn't just paint over it, unlike the frame you can spray, and spray agian and agian until it becomes so thick that you remove it all and just start over. I have a buddy who is a INGO member but not advertising yet (for personal reasons) who can duracoat, does a good job to. His business is just up and going and will give you the best price, but he is not as seasoned as the above mentioned. PM for his name if you are interested, Or if you just want a consultation.

By the way, I have always loved Coyote Brown with ghost tiger stripes!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    DSCN0487.jpg

I hope you find this picture as hilarious as I do. This picture gives me three opportunities to show off the following:

2. My wife's favorite decorative pot holder. I hope she doesn't see this picture or she'll be mad I put my "dirty ugly gun" on her precious owl.
    3. Behold, the power of the Golden Glock. Das Glock Über Alles. One Glock to Rule Them All!

WOW!!!:n00b:

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Another option is remove the remaining black oxide finsh entirely. This leaves a nice, glowing grey metal color. Your tenifer (or is it tennifer?) treatment remains in the metal so you will not loose any hardness or corrosion resistance.

I really like the way Glocks look with the black oxide removed.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Another option is remove the remaining black oxide finsh entirely. This leaves a nice, glowing grey metal color. Your tenifer (or is it tennifer?) treatment remains in the metal so you will not loose any hardness or corrosion resistance.

I really like the way Glocks look with the black oxide removed.

You got any pics of that?

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I had Cory (Nash Gun Works) refinish my Glock 19, Flat dark earth on the frame and Colt gray on the slide. We both thought this might be a weird combo but I had him do it anyway. Looked great to both of us. Also had him stipple the frame.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I had Cory do the slide in OD on my Glock and left the frame black. I am waiting for it to return to me, I had another member pick it up and ship it to me.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    DSCN0487.jpg

That's "Pimp-o-licious"!!! ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom