• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    If you don't mind the rougher grip on the Gen 4, go with it, especially since you're a south paw. The G26 allows for the greatest flexibility in grip length, since you can use the plain 10rd mag, put a pink extension on it, or go with a larger 15rd or 17rd magazine with a sleeve to fill the extra grip space.

Personally, I like the G26 with pinky extensions on the mags. It's very easy to conceal and very easy to get a good grip on it. If you're ever down in my area, I'd be happy to let you try it out at a local range.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you don't mind the rougher grip on the Gen 4, go with it, especially since you're a south paw. The G26 allows for the greatest flexibility in grip length, since you can use the plain 10rd mag, put a pink extension on it, or go with a larger 15rd or 17rd magazine with a sleeve to fill the extra grip space.

Personally, I like the G26 with pinky extensions on the mags. It's very easy to conceal and very easy to get a good grip on it. If you're ever down in my area, I'd be happy to let you try it out at a local range.
    That's awfully generous of you. Just make sure you don't try to force the Glock on him.

Make him think it was his idea. :D

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    If primary use is concealed carry, I'd get the G26. It can still be used with the higher-cap mags. Love the G19, but I would not consider it to be a concealed-carry gun.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'd go Gen3 G19 as many others have stated. However, don't count out the flexibility of the G26 with the different mag extensions, etc. I don't mind shooting the subcompacts and love the flexbility of my G27. Some just don't like them as well...

picture.php

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

If my little wife can conceal it, anyone can and it doesn't hold much less than the 17.

I prefer the Gen 3s. Gen 4s seem to have been an attempt to solve customer complaints rather than REAL problems and ended up causing them even MORE problems. Gen 4s seem to have extraction issues far more than 3s. Not that ALL of them will, but just IME.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If primary use is concealed carry, I'd get the G26. It can still be used with the higher-cap mags. Love the G19, but I would not consider it to be a concealed-carry gun.

That's odd. I carry a G19 concealed every day (where legal of course). I must be doing it wrong. ;)

But in all seriousness, you, the OP, will need to decide which best fits your life style, manner of dress, etc. You could also consider changing (gasp!) certain aspects of your life style if such changes would help you carry a larger, more effective handgun. Just something to think about.

For some perspedtive:
    http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/07/why_not_carry_the_big_gun_by_s.html

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    That's odd. I carry a G19 concealed every day (where legal of course). I must be doing it wrong. ;)

But in all seriousness, you, the OP, will need to decide which best fits your life style, manner of dress, etc. You could also consider changing (gasp!) certain aspects of your life style if such changes would help you carry a larger, more effective handgun. Just something to think about.

For some perspedtive:

Great read, thanks!

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I have 'em all. 26 all the way, carry a 15rd mag on your other hip and the flush 10rd in the firearm. No need for that pinky finger, anyways.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012

For some perspedtive:

I certainly don't doubt that people can successfully carry a G19 concealed. Some people also carry full-sized 1911's concealed. I could probably carry my remmy 870 concealed if were willing to 'change certain aspects of my lifestyle' (my neighbors would probably think it a bit creepy to see me in a trench coat 24/7.....but just sayin), but I (emphasis on 'I') would not consider any of these to be true concealed-carry weapons. I like the G19 a lot, and if you are comfortable carrying it concealed, more power to ya. Most folks are going to be happier with a smaller weapon and more likely to actually carry it on their person rather than leaving it at home.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I certainly don't doubt that people can successfully carry a G19 concealed. ... I could probably carry my remmy 870 concealed if were willing to 'change certain aspects of my lifestyle' (my neighbors would probably think it a bit creepy to see me in a trench coat 24/7.....but just sayin), .... if you are comfortable carrying it concealed, more power to ya. Most folks are going to be happier with a smaller weapon and more likely to actually carry it on their person rather than leaving it at home.

Carrying a medium size handgun isn't difficult, but it does require some thought. The proper IWB holster and belt are a must. (But no trench coat is required. ;)) A G19 can be carried wearing normal clothes; an untucked t-shirt or other shirt (not a skin tight Yeager shirt), under a tucked dress shirt on Sundays, etc. It all looks very normal. (As it should. Otherwise it would violate the gray man principle.)

Most folks don't carry a gun at all - not my standard for what's a good idea.

However, most INGOers (75%) DO carry something larger than a G26 FWIW. In other words, most INGOers are happier with something larger than a G26 for typical carry.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e/64019-advantages_to_carrying_full_size.html

Believe it or not, most INGOers (67%) also carry a reload. Nuts eh?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...do_you_carry_an_extra_mag_hi_cap_or_no-6.html

And, about 46% (alas, not most) of INGOers even a BUG. No way. I mean, that must require load bearing gear or something!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../227052-who_carrys_a_bug_and_how_often-4.html

I carried a G30 as a pocket gun for years. The 19 is more or less the same size.

Not too hard is it?

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Love the G19, but I would not consider it to be a concealed-carry gun.
    I have a 23 and a 27. The 23 carries in the same IWB holster in the 5 o'clock position almost as easily as my 27. It is a highly concealable weapon with a proper holster and belt, and very comfortable. The 26/27 would be a tad more comfortable, but not by much.

I have no issues driving/sitting/walking/running, etc while carrying it while wearing a pair of cargo shorts and an untucked T shirt.

Top Bottom