• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Help me choose! I have shot each and all are great, but which one to buy? I am looking for CC, but I like hi cap mags!!

Also Gen 3 or 4? Have not shot any 4's but I am left handed!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Help me choose! I have shot each and all are great, but which one to buy? I am looking for CC, but I like hi cap mags!!

Also Gen 3 or 4? Have not shot any 4's but I am left handed!

You don't want one. You'll automatically become a jerk who thinks only Glocks are worth having. You'll also insist that everybody shoot it when you see someone at the range while telling the poor victim of your delusion that all the other poly pistols are junk.

If you have to buy a glock:D the 19 will conceal better & it only holds two rounds less than the 17

My 26 is carrying 18 rounds right now. Just sayin'.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd go with the G19. Small enough to carry yet will accept G17 (and longer) mags without malfunctioning (due to the still full grip).

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    You don't want one. You'll automatically become a jerk who thinks only Glocks are worth having. You'll also insist that everybody shoot it when you see someone at the range while telling the poor victim of your delusion that all the other poly pistols are junk.

My 26 is carrying 18 rounds right now. Just sayin'.
    JENN then you have glock 26 on a stick:laugh:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    The G19 was my initial choice, but wanted everyone else's opinion. Gen 3 or 4 is the big issue now! Remember I am a lefty and the mag release swap to LH is nice!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Go to the 23 (.40S&W) and also get the .40 x 9mm conversion barrel and a couple 9mm mags. You now have a 9mm and .40 for about $650 total. If the .40 seems a little too heavy on recoil just swap barrels and shoot it as a 9 until you want the 40. I guarantee you will never regret this deal. (If a 124gr+P 9mm will ruin somebody's day a 180gr .40 will ruin it and the day after too.)

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Go to the 23 (.40S&W) and also get the .40 x 9mm conversion barrel and a couple 9mm mags. You now have a 9mm and .40 for about $650 total. If the .40 seems a little too heavy on recoil just swap barrels and shoot it as a 9 until you want the 40. I guarantee you will never regret this deal. (If a 124gr+P 9mm will ruin somebody's day a 180gr .40 will ruin it and the day after too.)

I don't believe in the .40 cartridge. Oh great, now I am gonna get beat up on this one too!!

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    As a lefty as well, I went with the Gen 4 G19 for the reversible mag release. The baby Glocks are nice, I shot a G26, but I wanted the slightly bigger gun for my bigger hands.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't believe in the .40 cartridge. Oh great, now I am gonna get beat up on this one too!!
    I started out with a .357 then wanted to get into a semi auto. I bought my G19 and after a while wanted something bigger. I went to a .45. Since I also wanted the ability to ankle carry (old work place wasn't conducive to belt carry) I needed something a little smaller but still more bite than the 9mm. I found that the g23 has the same frame size as the 19 and I went that way. Sometime later I discovered the conversion barrels. As a result I sold the 19, something I swore I'd never do and used the money to buy conversion barrels for my 23 and 27 with change to boot.

If you don't like .40 now don't rule out how you might feel later. I've read a lot of articles about terminal performance and it seems that the .40 and .45 are less inclined to clog up going through multiple layers of clothes and still being able to do their job.

My main point is leave yourself all the options that you can for the money and you'll be better off in the end.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I started out with a .357 then wanted to get into a semi auto. I bought my G19 and after a while wanted something bigger. I went to a .45. Since I also wanted the ability to ankle carry (old work place wasn't conducive to belt carry) I needed something a little smaller but still more bite than the 9mm. I found that the g23 has the same frame size as the 19 and I went that way. Sometime later I discovered the conversion barrels. As a result I sold the 19, something I swore I'd never do and used the money to buy conversion barrels for my 23 and 27 with change to boot.

If you don't like .40 now don't rule out how you might feel later. I've read a lot of articles about terminal performance and it seems that the .40 and .45 are less inclined to clog up going through multiple layers of clothes and still being able to do their job.

My main point is leave yourself all the options that you can for the money and you'll be better off in the end.

I have owned a few .40's. I just think for the extra 50 cents a box I would buy a .45. The 9mm is cost effective (allows me to train often) and effective in SD. I am not dogging on you, just my preference. I appreciate your recommendation though, thanks!

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    The G19 Gen4 is the next one on my list. Looks like the perfect EDC for what I'm wanting... Have a couple other options already in the bank if the situation deems... I like the adjustable grip on the Gen4, as it fits me better than the Gen3.

Top Bottom