• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Well my girlfriend has a small .22lr semi auto pistol. And she wants me to paint it pink.\

I have no idea where to even start?

It is nickel as of now, so what would be the best kind of paint to use? Its an inexpensive pistol so i'm not worried about messing it up lol

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Supposed to slow the attacker registering that its a gun coming to bear......so tell yourself that as you torture that poor gun. :)

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Durabake

I used Durabake a couple of months ago and was really impressed... It comes in a spray can and is really easy to apply and then you bake it for 30 min @350 degrees... I looked at the lauer link above and it comes in "pink lady"

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    ...my girlfriend would pistol-whip me if I handed her a pink firearm.

If you get it powdercoated, keep in wind that it's MUCH thicker than paint, so it will have to be taped off thoroughly. Most powdercoaters probably wouldn't tape off things like the slide rails, which would be a major hassle upon reassembly.

Plus, if it's an inexpensive pistol as you said, it'd probably cost more than the pistol to get it pc'd.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    just buy her something like a taurus pt-series with the pink grips.

:+1:
    Not trying to start a caliber debate or knock you in any way, but why not treat her to a new gun? You say it is a cheap gun? Why trust her life to a cheap .22? Yes cheap price does not always mean poor quality, and yes a .22 is better than nothing, but there are much better options out there and rimfire ammo itself can be less than perfect when it comes to reliability. Great for her though on carrying and choosing to defend herself! And if a pink gun will make her even happier than by all means go for it, but if possible why not get her something a little more reliable and more powerful? If not then I too would choose duracoat. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    You can buy them in Pink! Beech Grove firearms has a cool little P22 that is pink // white carbon-fiber pattern.

Check it out!

walther_p22_pinkcamo.jpg

p22pink400.jpg

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Whatever pink firearm you get her just make sure you don't post pics of her holding it on this site!! Girls and guns threads seem to stir up all kinds of trouble on this site:D

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Sorry guys, I should have stated that this is NOT her carry pistol. Its just a plinker that she loves to shoot.

I'm not looking into buying a whole new firearm because its really not needed. I'd also like the satisfaction of knowing i ruined the gun for her lol :D

Top Bottom