• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedway

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a Glock 42 last Friday. I brought it from T&Z Armory in South Bend :). They keep a very updated list of what they have. They also do great job on Duracoating.
    Anyway I took it to the range Monday and shot 100 rounds through it. My groups were about 4" to the left. I don't know if was me not being use to the gun or the sights were off. I have a G19 that I was was shooting high left, but a set of night sights seems to have corrected that. Anyone have the same problem with their G-42?

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    No experience with the G42, but I bought a Shield last summer and had a similar experience.

When i took the Shield out to put a few rounds through it, i was consistently low and left (about 5" both directions). I switched to my G22 and could knock the center out of the target. I had to sell the Shield before i got a chance to take it out again, but i think it was the smaller frame allowing me to get too much trigger finger causing me to pull my shots.

In my experience, 9/10 times it's operator error, not equipment to blame. My $0.02 is take it out and practice practice practice...if you're still having issues, then try to find the culprit (sights, heavy trigger, etc.)

Try using something like this next time you shoot...http://pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/correctionchartright.jpg

Last edited:

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Mine has no issues. Once I found out how to hold it, I can shoot coke cans from 20 yards with it.

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I watched an interesting video showing how you might tend to "push" or "pull" the gun because of the small grip. You might have too much finger on the trigger. I figured out that is why my G42 was shooting left. Worked on proper trigger engagement and it solved my problem.

Top Bottom