• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    We will always try to keep our prices on 223, 5.56, 9mm, 45, 380, 40, etc at the lowest but we are being notified by our distributors and manufactures that we are in contact with that prices on 223 & 5.56 are going up so we just wanted to make everyone aware.

Our prices on 223 start at $7.99/20 rounds for Armscor 55gr. That will likely be going up to $8.49 when we get our next order filled. We often sell our 9mm, 223, & 5.56 for less in store vs online.

Also, as 7.62x39 steel cased ammo dries up we will no longer be able to acquire it at a reasonable price. We have seen our cost go up significantly in the past couple months alone. No one can import steel cased 7.62x39 any longer and there is a limited supply.

Our price on 7.62x39 20 rounds in store is 9.25 and we're not selling it online to conserve it for the community.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Steel cased from Russia, sure, but what about other countries of manufacture? Still a lot of Bulgarian and other stuff out there and up for grabs.
    Bulgarian imports were through Global Ordnance, factory fire amongst other things have put the American market on the back burner. The new Romanian import stuff is garbage. Wolf had Ukrainian made ammo, that's obviously not coming in. Kyrgyzstan is a source for steel cased. Serbian and Bosnian brass are still available, but more expensive.
    The golden age is over unless steel production gets spun up in a country like the Philippines. US friendly, cheaper labor market.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Bulgarian imports were through Global Ordnance, factory fire amongst other things have put the American market on the back burner. The new Romanian import stuff is garbage. Wolf had Ukrainian made ammo, that's obviously not coming in. Kyrgyzstan is a source for steel cased. Serbian and Bosnian brass are still available, but more expensive.
    The golden age is over unless steel production gets spun up in a country like the Philippines. US friendly, cheaper labor market.

Are you referring to the Arsenal fire last fall? I understood that to be in a fireworks building, not on their small arms lines.

Not trying to drive this thread into the weeds - I just wanted clarification from AE on their "no one can import steel cased 7.62x39 anymore" statement. Russian steel case, yes, but otherwise that's a pretty sweeping claim.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    $20 says Palmetto prays on the scarcity and charges crazy pricing, just because they can.

If they're selling x39 ammo for $225 a case, I'll be buying a LOT of it. I just don't see them being that altruistic.
    I just don't think they'll be able to sell it for what the "cheap" Russian stuff was being sold for. Russia is a poor country. The equipment was very old and paid for a long time ago. PSA is buying all new stuff, American Labor, etc

We'll see.

Top Bottom