• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    All future Greenfield shows promoted by CIG are CANCELLED.

I will update if something changes.

Apparently, the fairgrounds booked too many events at the last show and there was practically no parking available. I wasn't there, so this is all 2nd hand information. I heard that they blocked off most of the parking lot for the other events. The promoter was rightfully furious, and cancelled all future shows in Greenfield. The fairgrounds has really gone downhill since Doug Maxwell left. It was getting bad and we were already having problems with them before I quit doing shows.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Hmmm?
    There was always parking, even when there was the farmers market or any other event.

Last show they had a large event set for the evening and there was still PLENTY of parking for the show. Every time for the past 8 years there has always been lots of empty spaces in the back field as well as front, during other events or before.

I smell fkery

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Hmmm?
    There was always parking, even when there was the farmers market or any other event.

Last show they had a large event set for the evening and there was still PLENTY of parking for the show. Every time for the past 8 years there has always been lots of empty spaces in the back field as well as front, during other events or before.

I smell fkery
    I wasn't there at the last show on the 13th and 14th, but from what I heard, they had everything from the farmers market south blocked off, which is effectively about 90% of available parking. They said there was barely enough for the dealers.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Hey @Brian's Surplus...correct in assuming you won't be set up at Greentown despite it being your "home" show? Just want to make sure so I can plan to swing by the shop if you won't be there. :D
    No, we will not be set up in Greentown. It takes several weeks to prepare gun show inventory for a booth with such an expansive inventory, so it would not be worth it for one weekend. I'll have a couple tables with business cards to advertise the store, but no products will be available there.
    I will however have extended hours on this Sunday ONLY. We will be open from 10 to 2 on Sunday, so that people coming to the show Sunday will have an opportunity to visit the store.

Top Bottom