• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    5. Home defense class: what weapons systems would you focus on? PCC,Carbine,shotgun,pistol
    HD class should focus on tactics, not platform. I understand there are some logistical challenges to being cross platform. But how to make sure your family is safe while you clear the house, and how to clear a house, as well as how to create an home defense emergency plan are platform agnostic. I think the only place it really matters is close quarters movement and weapon retention with a pistol vs long gun. Having a shoot house set up even if using airsoft guns to run through it would be cool and valuable.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    HD class should focus on tactics, not platform. I understand there are some logistical challenges to being cross platform. But how to make sure your family is safe while you clear the house, and how to clear a house, as well as how to create an home defense emergency plan are platform agnostic. I think the only place it really matters is close quarters movement and weapon retention with a pistol vs long gun. Having a shoot house set up even if using airsoft guns to run through it would be cool and valuable.
    Hat tip to you Z
    Great point that many mis

Platforms and round capacity are way over emphasized with several on a defensive set up. While there is nothing wrong with a 21 round Glock or Sig or tha AR decked out it’s more important to get in the mission drives the gear set up.

You will probably live through the night and or trip to Walmart with solid understanding and proficiency with a handgun you shoot WELL over being equipped like a Navy Ranger or SWAT guy to go to Walmart.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    How about a HD class 1/2 long gun and 1/2 pistol?

With a focus on single person room clearance displaying the strengths and weaknesses of each.
    Then add in family and house plans.

Great points I might know a “guy” that could put the class together.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    So INGO buddies,

So here is what I will start fleshing out for next year. Please give feedback and opinions.

1. Concealed carry/ BUG snubbie: half the day with your compact like G19 or something similar. Then switch to BUG/snubbie after lunch.

2. Advanced Carbine: 2 day event this would be advanced drills and medical tasks interwoven with buddy movements.

3. Low light Carbine: basic low light class get on the range a few hours before dark. Run drills eat then get to shooting finish before midnight.

4. Offer a few 2 day Carbine sessions next year that would be Basic Carbine day one and Intermediate day two.

5. Home defense class: what weapons systems would you focus on? PCC,Carbine,shotgun,pistol

6. PCC class?

Thanks for your input

BTW 4 slots left for the shotgun class.
    Option 1 - 2 big thumbs up! I really like this idea. Do it is cooler weather so "cover garments" can be used as part of class to give the most real world options possible while still maintaining a safe shooting line.

Option 2 - Another big thumbs up. Possibly combine option 2 & 3? Start the Advanced Course early afternoon and continue on into the evening/night with the Low Light course? Just a thought.

Option 4 - Excellent!

Option 5 - Would need more details. Idea, setup scenarios and allow students to do with a different weapon system to try learn the pros and cons of each. Sound like a lot of work for an instructor but would be really interesting.

Option 6 - Just let the PCC into the Carbine Classes. Certainly no objection but as said above not certain there is enough interest for stand alone. My visualization is limited but I don't see the difference between this and a close range emphasis carbine class.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I teach a levergun class. While it generates a lot of chatter, it rarely sells well. I've taken it out of my regular lineup and only offer it as a contract class now.

Totally understand the lower number of people interested in a lever class. I would love to know what you would charge to do a contract class. Please feel free to PM me. It wouldn't be anytime real soon but my family liked to play cowboy (Cowboy Action Shooting background) enough that I just might have enough people to make it worthwhile at some point. Would certainly welcome others as well.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I was just thinking, a Sym-Tech Consulting (Matt and Rob Haught) shotgun class would be nice.
    They held one on the far side of OH earlier this summer, but that was a little farther than I wanted to go.

Top Bottom