• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hello INGO people,

Working on some classes as usual I need your input. It’s sucks to plan everything out and nobody shows.

Live fire medical lanes - 1 day rotation though training stations then apply in a live fire situation.

Advanced Carbine - 1 day perquisites Basic and Intermediate Carbine. This would be one day of advance drills.

Low Light Carbine - 1 day/evening basic class.

All input is appreciated !

BTW 6 slots left for the Shotgun class.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Adv Carbine and Low Light Carbine sound good.

How about close range (real close) handgun?

Most of the others I can think of would probably be of limited interest and I doubt they would fill up, like:
    BUG/Snubbie
    Bolt and/or Lever rifle
    Revolver

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I would have definite interest in the Advanced Carbine and the Low Light Carbine classes.

I second Barry in IN above.

A lever rifle class would be extremely fun. My suggestions for this class would be to set the class up to allow participants to use .22 rimfire and pistol calibers for at least part of the class simply to keep ammo costs on the reasonable side. Ideally allow use of the rimfire/pistol caliber for a majority and then a shift to rifle caliber if desired. 30-30 and 45-70 ammo is a lot pricier than .223/5.56 unfortunately.

I like the BUG/snubbie idea as well. We all carry this type of gun, at least occasionally, but we don't shoot them nearly as often as our larger handguns. At least that's me.

Maybe do these two together in one day or do a combined class 1/2 defensive pistol and 1/2 snubbie or 1/2 semi-auto carbine and 1/2 lever/bolt.

Just dreaming here but sound like a riot of fun to me.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Closet of your mom’s house.
    Hello INGO people,

Working on some classes as usual I need your input. It’s sucks to plan everything out and nobody shows.

Live fire medical lanes - 1 day rotation though training stations then apply in a live fire situation.

Advanced Carbine - 1 day perquisites Basic and Intermediate Carbine. This would be one day of advance drills.

Low Light Carbine - 1 day/evening basic class.

All input is appreciated !

BTW 6 slots left for the Shotgun class.
    Shot placement, how to clear rooms, proper rules of engagement (for Indiana), reloading, building your home defense gun.

This would be my input. Hopefully it helps

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    Shot placement, how to clear rooms, proper rules of engagement (for Indiana), reloading, building your home defense gun.

Respectfully, rules of engagement is a military term. It does not apply to the legal/constitutional use of force by citizens and peace officers.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012

I second these suggestions. Especially room clearing and rules of engagement.

I’d also like to see one covering moving/shooting/communicating/tactics in small teams.

This one may raise eyebrows for some, but given the current climate.. a class dealing with home/neighborhood defense against violent rioters or other coordinated terrorist threats (oct 7 style attack) including legal implication and those rules of engagement might be of interest.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    I second these suggestions. Especially room clearing and rules of engagement.

I’d also like to see one covering moving/shooting/communicating/tactics in small teams.

This one may raise eyebrows for some, but given the current climate.. a class dealing with home/neighborhood defense against violent rioters or other coordinated terrorist threats (oct 7 style attack) including legal implication and those rules of engagement might be of interest.
    Very well put. Gun ownership is only a constitutional right because it’s meant for us to defend ourselves and our fellow neighbor from all forms of tyranny, foreign and domestic. Knowing how to link coms with your local neighborhood watch in the event a certain country try’s the same **** they’re already doing somewhere else wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Respectfully, rules of engagement is a military term. It does not apply to the legal/constitutional use of force by citizens and peace officers.
    Apologies, I’m full of military terminology when referring to civilian side. I mean in the aspect that each state has their own laws on when it’s ok to use lethal force, how much lethal force is allowed, etc.

Example in Indiana, you may only shoot someone if you are in fear of your life, and the fear must be found credible, and you’re only allowed to use deadly force until the threat is no longer deemed a threat (as in if they turn around to run, they’re deemed no longer a threat and lethal force is no longer authorized)

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Any chance of running the Carbine 1 class again? I wasn't able to attend the last one because of having recently had a knee replaced and my mobility was sub-par for a while. I'm back to about 95% now and am hoping to get that class in before I have to have the other knee replaced.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Any chance of running the Carbine 1 class again? I wasn't able to attend the last one because of having recently had a knee replaced and my mobility was sub-par for a while. I'm back to about 95% now and am hoping to get that class in before I have to have the other knee replaced.
    We have both down in Evansville in Nov.
    Then be ready next year for some adventures.
    $180 for both days.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Apologies, I’m full of military terminology when referring to civilian side. I mean in the aspect that each state has their own laws on when it’s ok to use lethal force, how much lethal force is allowed, etc.

Example in Indiana, you may only shoot someone if you are in fear of your life, and the fear must be found credible, and you’re only allowed to use deadly force until the threat is no longer deemed a threat (as in if they turn around to run, they’re deemed no longer a threat and lethal force is no longer authorized)
    Also respectfully that whole “fear of your life” is also not accurate term. The code actually states you can use deadly force to prevent “death or serious bodily injury of self or a 3rd party” and it’s always was the force used a “Reasonable” amount of force

Again just respectfully discussing I had to shift gears from the military it takes a while!

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Also respectfully that whole “fear of your life” is also not scurried. The code actually states “death or serious bodily injury of self or a 3rd party” and it’s always a “Reasonable” amount of force

Again just respectfully discussing I had to shift gears from the military it takes a while!
    This is why I pay my dues to the 2A groups that offer attornies at no cost if you have to get to work one day. First thing they’re going to bring up is prior military and try and claim it’s a PTSD episode or some crap.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    This is why I pay my dues to the 2A groups that offer attornies at no cost if you have to get to work one day. First thing they’re going to bring up is prior military and try and claim it’s a PTSD episode or some crap.
    I would recommend some of the professional level classes from some of the national known trainers like Rangemaster, Hearne Weems, Bolke, Eastridge Haggard Dobbs Gelhaus and many others (but so your own vetting) . Many have masters degrees and beyond and have been in real world deadly force incidents and can relay a lot of that experience.

You will get a lot more for a 450-500 weekend with them than you will that new Glock!

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    I would recommend some of the professional level classes from some of the national known trainers like Rangemaster, Hearne Weems, Bolke, Eastridge Haggard Dobbs Gelhaus and many ithers. Many have masters degrees and beyond and have been in real world deadly force incidents and can relay a lot of that experience.

You will get a lot more for a 450-500 weekend with them than you will that new Glock!
    Glock? Oh heavens no. I fell in love with the M17, and I’ll carry good old Lenore until I die.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So INGO buddies,

So here is what I will start fleshing out for next year. Please give feedback and opinions.

1. Concealed carry/ BUG snubbie: half the day with your compact like G19 or something similar. Then switch to BUG/snubbie after lunch.

2. Advanced Carbine: 2 day event this would be advanced drills and medical tasks interwoven with buddy movements.

3. Low light Carbine: basic low light class get on the range a few hours before dark. Run drills eat then get to shooting finish before midnight.

4. Offer a few 2 day Carbine sessions next year that would be Basic Carbine day one and Intermediate day two.

5. Home defense class: what weapons systems would you focus on? PCC,Carbine,shotgun,pistol

6. PCC class?

Thanks for your input

BTW 4 slots left for the shotgun class.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    So INGO buddies,

So here is what I will start fleshing out for next year. Please give feedback and opinions.

1. Concealed carry/ BUG snubbie: half the day with your compact like G19 or something similar. Then switch to BUG/snubbie after lunch.

2. Advanced Carbine: 2 day event this would be advanced drills and medical tasks interwoven with buddy movements.

3. Low light Carbine: basic low light class get on the range a few hours before dark. Run drills eat then get to shooting finish before midnight.

4. Offer a few 2 day Carbine sessions next year that would be Basic Carbine day one and Intermediate day two.

5. Home defense class: what weapons systems would you focus on? PCC,Carbine,shotgun,pistol

6. PCC class?

Thanks for your input

I would suggest a combined carbine both regular and PCC. When I tried running them the numbers were just low for one or the other.

YMMV and good luck

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    So INGO buddies,

6. PCC class?

Thanks for your input

I like all of that.

As to the Hone Defense class, any of those would be good.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So INGO buddies,

5. Home defense class: what weapons systems would you focus on?Carbine,pistol
    e8e2e5b0-3029-48d5-93da-a940882bf83c_text.gif

Top Bottom