Not open for further replies.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Do you like Ron Paul or oppose abortion? You may be a member of a militia, according to a new report by a government information collection agency.

Due to the current economical and political situation, a lush environment for militia activity has been created,"

MIAC is one of 58 so-called "fusion centers" nationwide that were created by the Department of Homeland Security, in part, to collect local intelligence that authorities can use to combat terrorism and related criminal activities.

'Fusion Centers' Expand Criteria to Identify Militia Members - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

By definition INGO members are probably classified as Militia.
    Welcome to the militia whether you wanted it or not.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    According to the Indiana State Constitution, you're in the militia whether you wanted it or not.

ARTICLE 12. Militia
    Section 1. Composition

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    According to the Indiana State Constitution, you're in the militia whether you wanted it or not.

True, I just think it is interesting that they are collecting local intelligence now and the media protrayal of the militia as if it means domestic terrorist.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Let us see. I am on the I have purchased a firearm list, The I have purchased Ammo list, the I have purchased reloading components, I have purchased Body Armor, aw screw it I am all ready tired of counting the lists!

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Do any of the LEOs on this board know if the Indiana "Fusion Center" sent out similar "warning" to our State Police and local sheriff's depts and Police? or would that be "TOP SECRET" like it was in Missouri before someone on the inside leaked it?

There are 58 of these fusion centers nationwide according to the Foxnews story in the OP's link . i imagine Indiana has one (or two). if this is what the Feds are doing in MO, i imagine they are doing this everywhere.

Dont-Tread-300.gif

Link to Indiana DHS/"Fusion Center"-> IDHS: Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center

Last edited:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I don't really like Ron Paul, though I don't really like many other people right now, either :), but I'm half-tempted to join the Libertarian party and buy a Ron Paul bumper sticker just for fun.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center

ioLoadImage.jpg

The Mission of the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center is to collect, analyze, and disseminate information and intelligence data regarding criminal and terrorist activity in the State of Indiana while following Fair Information Practices to ensure the rights and privacy of citizens.

Monte McKee, Executive Director

Following the events of September 11, 2001, many local, state, and federal agencies initiated efforts to improve information sharing and intelligence gathering. Throughout the nation, numerous states developed new workgroups to develop these efforts. Indiana was among these states and in 2006 created the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center (IIFC).

Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center Executive Committee

The IIFC, a division of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security, receives policy development, administrative guidance, and oversight from an Executive Committee. Committee membership includes representatives of local, state, and federal government.
    • Adjutant General of Indiana
    • Director of Law Enforcement for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    • Executive Director of the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police
    • Executive Director of Indiana Department of Homeland Security
    • Executive Director of the Indiana Sheriff’s Association
    • Indianapolis Chief of Police
    • Marion County Sheriff
    • Special Agent In Charge of the Indianapolis FBI Field Office
    • Superintendent of the Indiana State Police
    • Superintendent of the Indiana Excise Police
    • U.S. Attorneys for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
    • Indiana Gaming Commission - Division of Gaming Agents
    • Indiana Department of Correction
    • Indiana Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (INCLEA)
    Additional Information
    Report Suspicious Activity
    Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center
    Indiana Government Center South
    302 West Washington Street
    Room E243
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Toll Free: 866-400-IIFC(4432)
    E-mail: iifc@iifc.in.gov

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am a militia of one. Per the constitution of the United States of America, of which Indiana is a member state, I am a well regulated militia of one, ready to protect the free state to which we live.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Do any of the LEOs on this board know if the Indiana "Fusion Center" sent out similar "warning" to our State Police and local sheriff's depts and Police? or would that be "TOP SECRET" like it was in Missouri before someone on the inside leaked it?

There are 58 of these fusion centers nationwide according to the Foxnews story in the OP's link . i imagine Indiana has one (or two). if this is what the Feds are doing in MO, i imagine they are doing this everywhere.

Dont-Tread-300.gif

Link to Indiana DHS/"Fusion Center"-> IDHS: Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center

We receive frequent intel bulletins from ISP, some of which are generated by the Indiana Fusion Center. I have yet to see one describing "local terrorists" based on criteria mentioned. Its possible its out there, it just hasn't been disseminated yet.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We receive frequent intel bulletins from ISP, some of which are generated by the Indiana Fusion Center. I have yet to see one describing "local terrorists" based on criteria mentioned. Its possible its out there, it just hasn't been disseminated yet.

Thank you Frank_N_Stein. very much appreciated. Please keep us updated.

:)

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well dang, I feel special if they're wasting all this time and these resources on me.

Time will be when we'll need active militias again... but not quite yet.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Thread closed because this has been discussed ad nauseum in at least four other threads, of which I've closed at least three.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom