• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This was actually a topic of discussion I had with a friend who is PhD, MD and was team lead of Immunology for Eli Lilly.

When you get COVID tested they do not know the actual strain you have unless it is cultured and tested. They don't do that except for a very small percentage of tests and usually only in a hospital setting.

It is PRESUMED that you have a certain strain, not confirmed. The presumption largely rests with computer models developed by the same numbskulls at Imperial College who are experts at creating scare-mongering "models" that predict all kinds of calamities that never happen.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    This was actually a topic of discussion I had with a friend who is PhD, MD and was team lead of Immunology for Eli Lilly.

When you get COVID tested they do not know the actual strain you have unless it is cultured and tested. They don't do that except for a very small percentage of tests and usually only in a hospital setting.

It is PRESUMED that you have a certain strain, not confirmed. The presumption largely rests with computer models developed by the same numbskulls at Imperial College who are experts at creating scare-mongering "models" that predict all kinds of calamities that never happen.
    That reminds me of the report that came out a week or 2 ago. They had predicted that anywhere from ~30% to ~99% of all new cases in the US were going to be Omicron. After actually checking, that number came back as....22%. I don't trust prediction models from places that can't hit a close to 70% spread.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    cb011222dAPC20220112024504.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That reminds me of the report that came out a week or 2 ago. They had predicted that anywhere from ~30% to ~99% of all new cases in the US were going to be Omicron. After actually checking, that number came back as....22%. I don't trust prediction models from places that can't hit a close to 70% spread.
    When we can accurately predict the weather I’ll start giving a **** about their viral predictions

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I've found that weird during this whole pandemic. I've testes thousands at the major hospitals in my area. We don't differentiate what type of Covid it is, where and who are getting these numbers?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    If there’s anything I trust the government on, it’s ****.

Maybe the only thing they’re actually experienced in.

They may well know how many people are connected to the pipe, but I don't see how you can extrapolate any standard as to how consistent the "samples" would be, and then to actually correlate that to "X people have Y variant in this area" seems like a lot of hand waving to me.

I had a lady tell me she thought the mask mandates were idiocy, but wore one anyway to frustrate male gawkers.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They may well know how many people are connected to the pipe, but I don't see how you can extrapolate any standard as to how consistent the "samples" would be, and then to actually correlate that to "X people have Y variant in this area" seems like a lot of hand waving to me.

I had a lady tell me she thought the mask mandates were idiocy, but wore one anyway to frustrate male gawkers.
    I was just making a joke about the government. Didn’t really think they’d get a good test and results on it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And yet, she probably wore tight fitting pants.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom