• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So I am a man of varied interests. Aside from fighting sports, guns, training, working out, etc I like to go dancing (line, swing, salsa, club, etc) with friends. I usually OC to places like Wal-Mart etc, but I CC to places where it is socialy unacceptable to have a gun on me..like clubs and/or dancing establishments.

Well I was at my favorite dancing establishment, a cowboy bar on the north side of Indy, last friday night, and I was carrying a small single stack 9mm in deep cover. It was totally invisible and only detectable if you thoroughly patted me down.
    Well.....the women at this particular place can get aggressive as the night wears on. (Or perhaps that applys to all country music loving crowds?) One girl I was with groped me, and then felt the 9mm. She didn't freak out at all. This is a cowboy bar in Indiana after all. But apparently she was drunker than I thought (perhaps that's why she found me attractive? lol) cuz she then says "I love guns" and then reaches into my soft shelled holster to try and figure out what type of gun it was by feel. I almost got the impression that she would have pulled it out if I let her. :facepalm:

This wasn't the first time a woman did so and realized I was armed. In the past they just either smiled or they didn't know/didn't care what it was.
    What I never considered was drunk girl leads to groping, which leads to drunk girl deciding she wants to put her hand into a holster with a gun in it with no external safety and a charged chamber.

That scared the crap out of me.

It immediately occured to me that the chances of another drunk girl pulling that stunt were a lot higher than me getting into a gunfight there, and I wonder if I should just leave the gun the next time I go there? On the other hand, for reasons you all understand, I am not comfortable being around a bunch of drunk people while unarmed. At 5'8" and 150lbs I don't exactly strike an intimidating figure to mean drunks. My second thought was an ankle holster. No one finds ankles sexy enough to grab....or at least not mine. But I wonder how well an ankle holster would stand up to that sort of movement?

What do you guys think?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Drunks can be very unpredictable. There are so many ways things could have gone wrong. Do not bring a gun or do not go there are the two simplest solutions. If you must go a quality ankle holster might do the job depending on weight of the gun.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Maintaining full control of the weapon you're carrying is an imperative.

While HIGHLY unlikely, the possibility / potential did exist that the girl in question COULD have disarmed you. Again, however highly unlikely, she COULD have known you were carrying, even feigning drunkenness with the objective of gaining control of the weapon, for whatever nefarious reasons.

Different holster (retention model of some sort), leave it outside, whatever. But 'fondling' isn't an option, LOL...

Well, your firearm, anyway! :D :laugh: :D :laugh:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Drunks can be very unpredictable. There are so many ways things could have gone wrong. Do not bring a gun or do not go there are the two simplest solutions. If you must go a quality ankle holster might do the job depending on weight of the gun.
    Drunks are def. unpredictable. You'd think I'd learn that since I work in an ER. lol However their unpredictability is also why I want to be armed around them. Can't say there are a lot of ways that a gun in a well made leather/nylon holster in deep cover can go off though. There's really only one....and she did it. lol I've seen drunks do real stupid things. That never even crossed my mind. She also hid her drunkeness well because I couldn't tell she was that out of it until then.

Chose to control the situation better, control her hands and direction, walk into her, continue to carry.
    Good advice but easier said than done. I had successfully done so up to that point. Different styles of dancing require her hands to be in a position that could do that without warning. Can't very well change style of dancing when everyone else is doing the same thing.

get a retention strap style holster..
    Good idea. Except that retention holsters will defeat the deep cover by printing. Gotta go ankle or not go armed at all on this one.

You got to let her know she is feeling the wrong gun.
    Hilarious!

I think I need to go to that bar! ;)
    You're in broadripple? Then you're like 15-20 mins from it. Saddle Up.

Anyone know of any good ankle holster makes? I've never used them before. Going to look into it.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    My, how times have changed! I've been to a lot of parties over the years and don't recall women being quite that aggressive (sadly).

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Galco Ankle Glove or Ankle Lite. I used to carry a .380 that way, and I could almost forget it was there. My 9 bothers me just a little bit ankle carrying sometimes, just because it's a little heavier...Sig P938.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    bill-murray-stripes.jpg

I want to party with you, cowboy. :D

Top Bottom