• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Taurus 1911 in one of three holsters (UBG IWB, Blackhawk Serpa CQC OWB, or KHolsters new Full Moon IWB - should arrive early next week)

The Serpa CQC sticks out quite a bit, especially when using the paddle (a little less with the belt connector)

The UBG IWB is great, but based upon the cant I have to wear it at 4:00 to 4:30 position.

KHolsters Full Moon OWB - I am really looking forward to this one as it's fully adjustable from depth of carry to cant.

I'll post more once it arrives.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    XD40 4" in a Fobus paddle. Concealed when I have a 3/4 length coat on. Open carrying when the coat is off.

Ruger GP100 6" in an uncle mike's holster. Concealed when I have a 3/4 length coat on. Open carrying when the coat is off.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    XD 4" IWB on appendix, untucked, or in a paddle on hip, depending on the shirt.

I go to the P11 when I need more concealment.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    When I carry full sized I prefer shoulder holsters. I use Galco Miami Classic or Jackass rigs. Never had a problem with them printing too much as I have a big belly. I the summertime I just put on a t-shirt, then the shoulder rig. I have a number of Hawaiian shirts I then wear unbuttoned over the holster. Never had any problems.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Pics like the one posted would be a great way for people like me (who don't really know much about conceal and carry) to see what you look like while carrying. I'm still waiting on my license but I'm shopping around to see what and how I want to carry. Thanks for the info already.

BTW, I don't think I have seen any thread of the sort that shows pics like the one posted on any of my other frequent gun forums. A thread like that could be a great resource.

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    I carry the Sig 226R about 3:30 in a cheapo Galco Waistband holster. I say cheapo, but of all the holsters, it wears the best for me, and is beneficial because:

1. I don't wear a belt the majority of the time
    2. On the farm, I want a gun I can grab in the holster and throw in the car, take to the barn, whatever on a moments instance, but also be able to conceal it asap when I get out of the truck (confronting trespassers, poachers, approaching a stray dog, etc). The clip IWB holster does this well.

I really have never had a problem with the full size guns on me, about 5'10" 170. Some people complain about weight, but I like to be able to feel it so I always know where it is at and that it is there. I don't really have printing issues either, just have to wear an undershirt in the summer or the gun will stick to me in hot weather. And that is no fun.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    While I usually OC, when I do CC its usually in the small of my back but sometimes in a shoulder holster. Not sure about the model or brand, other than my OC Fobus paddles holster.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    High Power in a modified Raven Concealment IWB is my normal carry. When that's too big, a S&W 442 in pants pocket or vest pocket. My concealment vest will also easily carry the High Power or 1911 in it's inside pocket.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    One thing this thread illustrates nicely: Most (many?) folks have no problem concealing a full-size handgun here in Indiana during at least 3 seasons. One thing that bugs me is friends of mine (of average build) complaining they can't conceal "something" because all they want to wear is skin tight pants or spandex all the time. I tell them to suck it up, dress around the gun, and quit complaining!

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    When CC, especailly with a full size gun remember this.

A cheap belt will make a great holster fail. A good belt will make a cheap holster work great.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I second that colt45er! If you are going to carry in a holster, be it IWB or OWB, get a proper gun belt. By proper, I mean double thickness leather or a nylon style with internal stiffener. A good stiff belt will distribute the weight and keep your pants form sagging. Look for belts specifically designed for gun support use. Expect to pay about $65 for a good one but it will last for years.. The double thickness belts will support better than wide belts that are thin. My favorate UBG belt is about 1/4" thick and supports steel frame 1911 or High Power comfortably.

Top Bottom